(Minghui.org) Four Changchun City, Jilin Province residents in their 60s and 70s living in the same subdivision, Jiayuan Community, were arrested on September 15, 2020 for practicing Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999. 

The police monitored the practitioners for more than six months before arresting them. It was reported that the central government in Beijing expressed dissatisfaction of the persecution of Falun Gong in Jilin Province in September 2020, where Falun Gong was first introduced to the public in 1992, and ordered the local authorities to intensify the suppression of the practice. 

Ms. Li Bo, 71, was arrested around 5 a.m. on September 15. The police broke into her home and confiscated her Falun Gong books. She suffered loose bowels during her arrest. The police refused to let her use the restroom, but forced her to go through a health examination and sent her to the Weizigou Detention Center.

Around 6 a.m., a dozen officers went to the home of Mr. Yang Zemin, 70, and his wife Ms. Zhang Junfang, 69. The couple saw the police holding photocopies of their IDs and other personal information in hand. Their more than 40 Falun Gong books, a photo of Falun Gong’s founder, a computer, a printer, two cellphones, one iPad, IDs and debt cards were confiscated. 

When the couple’s family later went to demand their release, the police refused to meet with them in person and said they could only be reached over the phone. So the couple’s family called them and questioned why the police arrested their loved ones, the officer who answered the phone couldn’t articulate the reason. 

Mr. Yang suffered a stroke before. His family is very worried about his health in detention.

The fourth practitioner, Ms. Zhao Yajun, 61, was arrested around 8 a.m. by the officers waiting on the stairs of her apartment building when she went out. One female officer watched her, while the others ransacked her home. Her Falun Gong books and informational materials were confiscated.

Ms. Zhao was first brought to the police station and then to the hospital for health examination and coronavirus test. Three officers brought her to the Weizigou Detention Center around 11 p.m., but she was rejected admission and taken back home by her family members around 2 a.m.

In addition to above practitioners, another two practitioners, Ms. Xie and Ms. Gong, who also live in the same neighborhood, had their homes ransacked on the same day. The two practitioners' full names are yet to be verified.