(Minghui.org) A Chaoyang City, Liaoning Province resident was arrested at around 5:00 a.m. on July 12, 2020 for practicing Falun Gong. The police ransacked Ms. Lin Jiangyue's home, held her at the Nanta Police Station for one day, then sent her to the Chaoyang City Detention Center. The 49-year-old is now facing indictment after the police submitted her case to the Shuangta Procuratorate.

Ms. Lin’s family is calling on the international community to pay attention to her case and help rescue her.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Below are excerpts submitted by Ms. Lin to the Minghui.org website in 2005, about how practicing Falun Gong saved her from the verge of death and gave her a new life.


I’m from the Beigoumen Village in Chaoyang. I briefly learned Falun Gong before 1999, but stopped after the persecution began.

In the years that followed, my marriage fell apart, and I had an operation to remove ovarian fibroids. I never fully recovered and lost hope in life. On April 29, 2003, I contemplated suicide by drinking lye and caustic soda.

I was rushed to a large hospital and resuscitated. Although I survived, my esophagus and digestive system were severely damaged. I was unable to take in a drop of water and had to rely on IV drips to sustain my life. I was so weak that my blood vessels became very thin, fragile, and narrow. Even IV drips became very difficult to do. I was desperate about life again.

With my family and friends’ help, I was transferred to a local hospital. To extend my life, the doctor inserted a tube into my intestines and supplied me with milk, soup, and other fluid nutrition. Not being able to actually drink or eat, I felt very thirsty and hungry, yet my belly was constantly bloated. That feeling was so miserable that I can’t describe it in words.

I couldn’t do anything, but to drag on. To find ways to stop myself from having all kinds of negative thoughts, I started reading Zhuan Falun, the main text of Falun Gong.

To my surprise, I finished reading more than 300 pages of Zhuan Falun in two days. I then had a very sound sleep. Upon waking up, I felt that the negative energy in my body was purging through every sweat pore, and I knew the practice was having an effect on me.

With the help of another practitioner, I learned Falun Gong’s five sets of exercises and my body recovered very quickly.

In November 2003, seven months after I hurt myself, I was able to eat a little liquid food. And in March 2004, I removed the tube inserted into my intestines. Most of my digestive system had completely recovered and I was able to eat solid food again.