(Minghui.org) Nine residents of Lu County, Sichuan Province were stopped by the police on their way home on April 30, 2020, after having studied Falun Gong teachings together. The police pointed guns at them and threatened to pull the trigger if they didn’t stop walking.

Four of the Falun Gong practitioners were taken to Lu County Police Department and the other five to Qifeng Police Station. All of them were interrogated overnight about who organized the gathering. The police also body-searched them and confiscated the Falun Gong related materials they carried with them.

Seven of the practitioners have been released. The other two practitioners, Mr. Yi Qunren and Mr. Wang Xianshu, remain in criminal detention at Naxi Detention Center, at the time of writing. Their detention notices bore no signature of the officer in charge and stated that the practitioners were charged with “undermining law enforcement,” a standard pretext used to criminalize Falun Gong practitioners.

Prior to their latest ordeals, Mr. Yi and Mr. Wang have been sentenced to four and three years in 2013 and 2014, respectively, for talking to people about how Falun Gong, an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline, had cured their severe ailments.

Due to the tremendous popularity of Falun Gong after its public introduction in 1992 and its revival of traditional culture, the Chinese communist regime ordered a nationwide persecution of Falun Gong in 1999 and the persecution has continued up to today.

85-year-old Woman Forced to Sign Interrogation Records

Ms. Yin Minghui, 85, was interrogated at Qifeng Police Station. She told the police that she used to suffer from severe liver cysts and almost died during a surgery. In addition, she had gallstones and an enlarged gallbladder. After she took up Falun Gong in 1997, her conditions went away and she is very grateful.

After an overnight interrogation, the police forced Ms. Yin to sign the interrogation records without letting her read it. They also refused to provide her with a copy when she asked for it. Ms. Yin was released at around 5 a.m.

On the next day, the police came to her home and forced her to sign more documents without explaining what the documents were about. Ms. Yin noticed some practitioners’ photos on some pages.

Woman’s Serious Medical Condition Ignored during Interrogation

Another practitioner, Ms. Wen, was brought to the hospital from Lu County Police Station for physical examination. The doctors drew her blood, collected a urine sample, and took nasal swabs. They also measured her blood pressure, temperature, and heartbeat, as well as performing a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) on her.

Knowing that the communist regime has been harvesting organs from living Falun Gong practitioners for decades, Ms. Wen was very scared after going through such extensive examination. Her blood pressure was more than 200 mmHg and her body temperature increased to 102.2°F. Her face was pale and her feet were swollen.

During the interrogation, Ms. Wen kept telling the police that she felt very dizzy and had intense chest pain and tightness. Despite her strong request to go home, the police took turns interrogating her into the early morning and accused her of faking her condition.

After nearly 30 hours of non-stop interrogation, Ms. Wen was released on bail around 5 p.m. on the next day.