(Minghui.org) A 65-year-old woman in Jiaozuo City, Henan Province has been held at the Jiaozuo City Detention Center since her arrest on October 26, 2020 for distributing Falun Gong related informational materials. The police threatened to sentence her to at least a three-year prison term.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Wang Yuhua took up Falun Gong in the summer of 1998. She credits the practice for curing her heart disease and arthritis. In the past 21 years, Ms. Wang has been repeatedly persecuted and incarcerated for upholding her faith. She has been subjected to various torture methods, which caused her so much mental trauma that she was often in a confused state and had poor memory. The authorities also suspended her pension as part of the persecution.

Ms. Wang was given three years at Shibalihe Women’s Forced Labor Camp in 2003. She was held in solitary confinement, beaten, and forced to wear a straightjacket.

Not long after she returned home in 2006, she was arrested a few more times for distributing Falun Gong materials.

Ms. Wang was arrested again in May 2015 for passing out Falun Gong materials while visiting her son in Beijing. She was sentenced to a three-year prison term by a Beijing court and later transferred to the Xinxiang Women’s Prison in Henan.

At the Xinxiang Women’s Prison, Ms. Wang was severely tortured and later developed high blood pressure. After she refused to take the hypertension medicine as directed by the guards in May 2016, she was beaten and had her hands cuffed behind her back for three days.

A guard applied the same handcuffing torture to her again for three days around July 20, 2016.

The same guard later added unknown drugs to her food. When Ms. Wang refused to eat it, she was hung by her handcuffed wrists from a door frame, before being beaten and force fed.

When she was released in May 2018, her body has been severely injured, including severe back injuries. Her mind was also disoriented. Yet the police and residential committee still came back frequently to harass her, leaving her and her family terrified and traumatized.