(Minghui.org) Two Kunming City, Yunnan Province residents were arrested at their own homes on October 27, 2020, for practicing Falun Gong. One of the practitioners, 81, has been released. The other one remains in custody at the time of writing.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

A team of officers broke into the home of Ms. Wang Jin, 58, and ransacked her place. Her computer, printer, many Falun Gong books and materials were confiscated. The police targeted her because she had distributed Falun Gong materials a few days ago. They also harassed and intimidated her family. She is now detained at the Kunming City No.1 Detention Center.

Another group of officers targeted 81-year-old Ms. Gao Qiongxian on the same day. One officer first knocked on her door, and after confirming that she was at home, he left and soon returned with two more officers. They intended to bring Ms. Gao to their police station for questioning, as she had distributed Falun Gong flyers a few days ago. Ms. Gao refused to go with them. One of them shoved her and pushed her into the police car.

One officer interrogated Ms. Gao with a very rude attitude in the police station. Ms. Gao said, “Young man, I’m your grandmother’s age. You should learn to respect other people.”

The officer changed his attitude a bit and asked how and when Ms. Gao began to practice Falun Gong. Ms. Gao told him that she used to suffer many ailments and she learned Falun Gong to improve her health. She refused to admit any wrongdoing in passing out materials about Falun Gong. The officer let her go home after he finished asking questions.

This was the second time in seven months that Ms. Gao has been arrested for her faith. She was previously taken away from home on March 23 and held in the police station until March 25. Her family paid the police 1,000 yuan before she was released.

Related report:

Police Arrest 81-year-old Woman by Mistake and Hold Her in Custody for Two Days