(Minghui.org) I had the great honor of listening to Master Li Hongzhi teach Falun Dafa on three occasions. I also saw Master five times. These memories are still so vivid after 27 years. I am writing this article to share these memories with fellow practitioners.

Attending My First Lecture in Guizhou

Master taught his third set of lectures in Guiyang City, Guizhou Province, on August 15, 1993. The first day of the lectures was held at the provincial government hall. People filled both sides of the hall, the walkway at the back, and the entrance. We thus moved to the youth center the next day.

This was my first time attending Master’s lectures and seeing him in person. Yet when Master walked to the podium, I felt as if I had seen him before. He looked so familiar.

I sat in the middle. Master taught for two hours each day with only a small piece of paper in front of him. He used language that was easy to understand, and as soon as he began to teach, everyone listened quietly and attentively.

But throughout the nine days of lectures, I fell into a deep slumber a few minutes after Master started to talk. Even when my husband nudged me, I would not wake up. I woke up when Master finished the lecture and would then become very alert.

Master said:

“A few individuals may fall asleep and wake up as soon as I finish my lecture. Why is that? It is because their brains have illnesses that need to be treated. One will be unable to stand it if one’s brain is worked on. Therefore, the person must be put into a state of anesthesia so he doesn’t know. Yet, some people do not have a problem hearing me. Though they may sleep soundly, they hear everything without missing a single word.” (Lecture Two, Zhuan Falun)

I indeed had a brain injury from when I was younger. My first husband passed away in a car accident when our daughter was five and our son was two. I was in my twenties, and his death was a huge blow to me. I often hit my head against a wall. If someone was around, I would stop. If no one was around, I would keep doing it until I became numb. My head was badly hurt at the time.

To heal the injuries in my head, Master put me into a state of deep sleep. However, I did not miss anything he said. I heard everything he taught. Below I will give two examples.

During the Mid-Autumn Festival in 1993, my husband suggested that we buy live chicken and fish to prepare a celebratory meal. I said, “Master taught that we should not take lives.” He replied, “How come I didn’t hear that? I thought you were asleep, yet you heard it? That’s strange. Let’s do this for the last time. In the future we won’t do it again.” I said, “Master said we should be strict with ourselves. Why don’t we conduct ourselves as practitioners from today on?” My husband did not say anything.

Another time, my husband flew into a rage out of nowhere. He raised his hand and was about to hit me. I said, “Master told us not to retaliate when we are hit or reprimanded. Did you not hear these words?” My husband slowly put his hand down, saying, “Strange, how come I didn’t hear it?” After that, we stopped fighting and arguing with each other, and our neighbors and coworkers admire our harmonious relationship.

I used to suffer from a dozen ailments, including hepatitis B, migraines, an abnormally low blood platelet count, Meniere's syndrome (an inner ear disorder), rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation of the kidneys, anemia and a frozen shoulder. I sought medical treatment for many years and went to a hospital for injections every two to three days. I swallowed many pills each day and drank bowls of Chinese herbal medicine, but nothing helped.

After attending Master’s class in Guizhou 27 years ago, I have not stepped into a hospital or taken any pills. When something bothers me, I recall Master’s teachings and work on improving my character and removing any attachments. I then become relaxed and the problem disappears.

My husband and I attended Master’s lectures hoping to cure our illnesses, but this thought disappeared at the end of the nine days. I got the book Falun Gong at the end of the class and, through reading it repeatedly, I understood many things that Master had taught in his classes.

Running into Master at Mount Emei

The second time I attended Master’s lecture was in May 1994. The venue was a hall in a small hotel in Chengdu, Sichuan Province. Both veteran and new practitioners from all across the country attended the lecture.

It was very quiet when Master spoke. I never saw him take a drink during the two-hour classes. At the end of each class, Master walked among the students, correcting their exercise movements.

There was a restaurant below the hall. One day, as several students and I were deciding what to eat, I saw Master sitting alone. There was a small plate of pickles in front of him, and he held two steamed buns in his hands. Master is so frugal. I was very moved and bought something convenient just to fill my stomach.

A group of students from Guiyang went to visit Mount Emei two days after the lectures in Chengdu had ended. We ran into Master on a motorboat. I was sitting at the back of the boat and saw Master standing at the front. He kept looking at the giant Leshan Buddha statue ahead of us. On the way down the mountain, I ran into Master. He smiled at me and said, “You'd better go down the mountain quickly. The path can be very complicated.” I greeted Master respectfully and moved aside so that he could go past.

The Whole Sky Was Filled with Falun

The Guangzhou lectures were held at Tianhe sports stadium on December 21, 1994. Between 5,000 and 6,000 people attended the lecture. Several hundred students who had been unable to buy tickets stood outside the stadium. Attendees came from Hong Kong, Taiwan and various provinces in China. The furthest came from Jiamusi and Qiqihar in Heilongjiang Province.

I was fortunate enough to attend the lectures for the third time.

A man in his 40s from northeastern China sat next to me. It was the first time he had attended Master’s classes. I heard him utter gibberish nonstop during the first few days. Master looked in his direction several times with light beaming from his eyes. I realized Master was eliminating interference from other dimensions as he was giving the lecture. The man stopped uttering gibberish during the last two or three days and began to listen attentively.

On the third day, we went to Yuexiu park to do the exercises. Practitioners filled all the empty spaces in the park. When we went to the same park to do the exercises the next day, we saw a magical scene: Falun appeared in the sky above our heads, and there were colorful clouds as well. Big and small Falun of all colors filled the sky. Some of them were huge and majestic, and they were spinning. You could see Falun in every corner of the park. It was truly magnificent. Many practitioners clapped in joy.

Seeing Master in Guiyang

The last time I saw Master was on September 23, 1997.

I was very excited from the moment I learned that Master was coming to Guiyang. Master taught for over an hour. Practitioners could not stop crying, as we felt it was such a great honor to see Master.