(Minghui.org) Ms. Wang Lanfang was released on November 30, 2019, after serving an eleven-year term for her faith in Falun Gong, a spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Wang, a 61-year-old Yangquan City, Shanxi Province resident, took up Falun Gong in April 1999. Her lumbar disc herniation, bone hyperplasia, colon disease, and chronic gastritis soon disappeared. She strove to live by the principles of Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance and became much more considerate and kind.

After the communist regime launched the persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999, Ms. Wang went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong but was arrested and given two years of forced labor.

Ms. Wang was forced to live away from home after she escaped during a health checkup following her arrest on March 16, 2004. Her son, Mr. Song Licheng, who was arrested with her, escaped from the local detention center on January 24, 2006 and went into hiding.

Both Ms. Wang and Mr. Song were arrested again on December 1, 2008. The police officer who arrested them was given a 40,000-yuan reward. Both the mother and son were detained at the Yangquan City Detention Center.

The Kuangqu Court sentenced Ms. Wang to an 11-year term in May 2009 and added another 1.5 years to Mr. Song’s previous 10-year term as a punishment for his escape.

The presiding judge Ge Yihua delivered their verdicts himself. He said it was Bai Ruming, deputy director of the Yangquan 610 Office, an extralegal agency created to persecute Falun Gong, who had ordered him to give the lengthy sentence to Ms. Wang. He suggested that Ms. Wang could appeal the sentence.

After Ms. Wang filed the appeal with Yangquan City Intermediate Court, a staff member of the higher court came and asked her whether she admitted guilt for practicing Falun Gong. Ms. Wang insisted that she didn’t do anything wrong in practicing her faith. Her appeal was thus rejected.

Ms. Wang was taken to Shanxi Province Women’s Prison on September 1, 2009. She was subjected to various torture methods aimed at forcing her to renounce Falun Gong, including brainwashing and forced feeding of toxic drugs. Her blood pressured dropped to an abnormally low 90/50 mmHg at one point after being fed the unknown drug.

Related reports:

Mother and Son Jailed 11 Years for Their Shared Faith in Falun Gong

Sentenced to 11 Years for Practicing Falun Gong—Now Being Tortured in Prison