(Minghui.org) Wang Huaizhong, deputy governor of Anhui Province (1999-2003), followed the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) closely to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. “Just put them [practitioners] together and kill them all with machine guns,” he said during a meeting attended by all township officials in Fuyang City in 2000.

Within two years, however, Wang himself was arrested for bribery and executed in February 2004 at the age of 58.

Wang's demise may appear to be a result of his bribery, but many in Anhui Province believe that he was paying the price for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners.

Falun Gong, also known as a Falun Dafa, is a meditation system based on the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. Since its introduction to the public in 1992, many people have benefited from the practice, both physically and spiritually. As its popularity soared, the totalitarian regime of the CCP decided to shut it down, launching a persecution against it in July 1999. Since then, untold numbers of practitioners have been arrested, imprisoned, tortured, or even had their organs harvested.

Despite the ongoing persecution, Falun Gong practitioners have been working tirelessly over the past two decades to inform the public of the truth about Falun Gong and debunk the CCP's slanderous propaganda. As a result, many government and law enforcement officials and ordinary citizens have changed their negative attitudes about Falun Gong. Unfortunately, some still choose to blindly follow the CCP's persecution policy. As in the events below, this has resulted in some serious consequences in Anhui Province.

In both Western and traditional Chinese culture, it is believed that wrongdoers will be held accountable for their actions. We sincerely hope the following accounts will serve as a kind reminder to those who are still following the CCP to stop doing bad deeds and secure a better future for themselves.

Domestic Security Bureau Chief: “I Am Always Your Dictator!”

Li Hongming, Domestic Security Bureau chief of the Langya District in Chuzhou City, was heavily involved in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. He ordered their arrests, home ransackings, and intimidation. In the Langya District alone, one practitioner was sentenced to a four-year term, three were given forced labor, and over 10 were detained under Li's directive.

When Li once harassed a practitioner at home, the practitioner explained Falun Gong to him and hoped he could follow the law instead of orders from the CCP. Ignoring the advice, Li pounded the table and yelled, “Nonsense! No matter what happens, I am always your [communist] dictator!”

Li was in a car accident in November 2006 and died at the scene.

Political Instructor: “Anyone Who Went to Beijing to Appeal Should Be Sent to a Forced Labor Camp”

Wang Mingquan, about 45, was the political instructor at the Yicheng Town Police Station in Hefei City. Besides mistreating Falun Gong practitioners himself, he ordered others to do the same. “Anyone who went to Beijing to appeal [for Falun Gong] should be sent to a forced labor camp,” he said in a meeting. In early 2001, he died of cancer.

Jian Jiasheng, a 46-year-old police officer in Hefei City, met a similar fate. After framing several practitioners, he died of liver cancer in 2001. Even just before he died, Jian called out, “I am sick now; otherwise, I would beat them [practitioners] to death!”

Zhang, an officer in Hongyecun Police Station in Bengbu City, was actively arresting practitioners until January 2002. One day he went to a practitioner’s home and said, “You practitioners often tell people, ‘Good is rewarded and evil is punished.’ So how come I am all right?!” A week later he was on his way to a funeral for his in-law when he suspected the vehicle he was riding in would run into problems. He jumped out and was killed.

Ma Junzhou, director of the Linquan County Water Authority, would not allow his practitioner employees to apply for promotions or salary increases. “We will detain them until they die in detention,” he claimed. He also dispatched underlings to follow practitioners and even their relatives and offered a reward to anyone who turned a practitioner in. Ma was later reported for engaging in illicit activities and sentenced to 12 years in prison.

Director of 610 Office Repeatedly Ignored Warnings

Chen Xuru was the director of the Langya District 610 Office in Chuzhou City. Between August and late September 2003, the Chuzhou 610 Office hosted a brainwashing session for over 20 practitioners to try to force them to renounce their belief.

Shortly after that, Chen was diagnosed with bone cancer. Over the next few years, his life was one of constant pain that cost him and his employer thousands in medical bills. His wife also lost her job. During those years, he regretted what he had done to Falun Gong practitioners and wished he could have another chance. After his condition improved, however, he went back to work at the 610 Office and withdrew his apology. In the end, the bone cancer and pain returned and he died.

Liu Gang, deputy director of Linquan County Police Department, was very aggressive in carrying out the persecution. He always detained practitioners for the longest terms possible and tried everything possible to charge them. For example, after his paperwork for practitioner Mr. Li Aiyun was turned down, he resubmitted it several times until Mr. Li was sentenced to four years in prison.

In addition to ordering police officers to beat practitioners, Liu also did so himself. When he interrogated Ms. Ma in 2001, she told him about Falun Gong, so he slapped her in the face. “I am not afraid of retribution,” he said. “I will keep beating you Falun Gong!” Nearly 100 practitioners were detained when he was in charge.

He was later sentenced to prison for bribery.

Police Station Head: “I Will Squeeze You Until I Get All Your Money”

Sun Hongzhi, Tanpeng Town Police Station director in Linquan County, blackmailed all the practitioners in his area who went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. He ordered them to “pay up, no receipt.” He also broke into their homes in the middle of the night, arrested them, and took them to the county detention center. “If you practice Falun Gong, I will squeeze you until I get all your money,” he claimed.

He was later demoted for bribery.

Guo Jingli, president of Linquan Hospital, treated practitioners unfairly. After practitioner Ms. Ma Junping, a hospital employee, was released in April 2014, he refused to let her return to work. Practitioners tried to explain to Guo how the CCP violated practitioners’ human rights in the persecution, but he refused to listen.

When Ms. Ma told Guo she was innocent, Guo dismissed her and said he believed the Party line. “If you do not write a statement to [renounce your belief], there is no way you can return to work,” he said. As a result, Ms. Ma, a single mother, and her child were penniless and had no place to stay.

Weeks later, Guo was arrested and investigated over finance issues. He died in prison.