(Minghui.org) To prevent Mr. Huang Huajie from shouting “Falun Dafa is good,” the guards at Sihui Prison in Guangdong Province held him upside down and hit his head hard against the floor. Mr. Huang suffered severe injuries and has been hospitalized. His family is calling on the international community to help rescue him.

Mr. Huang, a former government land appraiser in Jiedong County, Guangdong Province, was arrested on March 11, 2016 for his faith in Falun Dafa, a mind-body practice also known as Falun Gong that has been persecuted by the Chinese Communist Party since July 1999. His arrest came two weeks after he escaped a group arrest on February 25, as he wasn’t home when the police came. By monitoring his cell phone, the police located him at another practitioner’s place and arrested him there.

Mr. Huang was tried by the Rongcheng District Court on November 1, 2016 and sentenced to a 5.5-year prison term.

After Mr. Huang was taken to the Sihui Prison, the guards frequently ordered felons to beat him, which left his nose and mouth bleeding as a result.

As Mr. Huang often shouted “Falun Dafa is good” to protest the beatings, the guards held him upside down and hit his head against the floor, in order to silence him. To prevent other inmates from seeing the torture, the guards ordered the inmates to stay in their cells and watch TV. Despite the guards setting the TV volume very loud, many inmates still felt the shaking force of Mr. Huang’s head hitting the floor.

Mr. Huang used to work as the only land appraiser in Jiedong County. After the Chinese communist regime ordered the persecution in July 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong on November 14, 1999. He was arrested, taken back to Jiedong County, and detained for 15 days.

He was one of the first practitioners to be fired from his job for practicing Falun Gong, on September 20, 1999, and also one of the first practitioners having his Chinese Communist Party membership revoked on April 8, 2000.

Mr. Huang was arrested and detained, and his home was ransacked several times between 2000 and 2001. He was given a two-year labor camp term in January 2002.

He later went to Beijing to appeal for the right to practice Falun Gong on April 17, 2004, and was sentenced to a six-year prison term. At the Meizhou City Prison in Guangdong, he was tortured, confined in a solitary cell, force-fed, and injected with unknown drugs. The torture included being hung by his handcuffed wrists, shocked with electric batons, and deprived of sleep. He was released in 2010.

The local 610 Office, an extralegal agency tasked with persecuting Falun Gong, arrested him prior to July 20, 2012, took him to a brainwashing center, and released him two months later.

Related reports:

Huang Huajie, Former Shareholder Chairman of the Jiedong Land and Resource Bureau, Arrested Again

Tortured for His Belief, Former Guangdong Government Land Appraiser Sues Jiang Zemin

Exposing the Crimes Committed against Practitioners by Meizhou Jail in Guangdong Province