(Minghui.org) The persecution of Falun Gong began in July 1999. Since then, a large number of practitioners have been arrested, detained, and tortured for refusing to give up their belief. Sometimes, when they have been tortured almost to death, instead of getting them medical assistance, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials often continue to torture them and then claim that they died of natural causes to cover up their acts of violence.

Congratulations from 610 Office on Death

Ms. Liu Xiaolian from Hebei Province was detained four times for her belief, totaling five years and four months of imprisonment. She suffered many types of torture, including being pulled almost apart by her arms and legs by five people, beaten while wearing 25-kilogram (55-pound) shackles on her feet, forced to have injections, fed toxic drugs, shocked with high voltage electricity batons, and humiliated by male patients with mental disorders. Officials thought she would die many times, but she survived and regularly reported on the cruelty she was subjected to.

After a Minghui article reported that Ms. Liu had been severely tortured, she was arrested for the third time on December 28, 2003, and transferred to a detention center in January 2004. Zhou Xinhua, deputy township Party secretary, asked her husband, “If she [Mr. Liu] dies during police custody, how much will we have to pay?”

Qian Yulan, deputy director of the Chibi City First Detention Center, hit Ms. Liu in the head with leather boots. Blood came out her eyes, ears, and mouth, and she was unable to take care of herself afterward. To avoid being held responsible for her condition, officials carried her home in May 2004.

When Ms. Liu was detained for the fourth time in April 2006, instead of taking her to the detention center, officials took her to the Pufang Mental Hospital. Because she refused to renounce her belief, officials and a doctor Zhang tortured her. They shocked her with high-voltage electricity batons for four hours, humiliated her, and allowed young male patients with mental disorders to abuse her.

She recounted, “I was injected with unknown drugs intravenously for 24 hours. My entire body turned dark and I lost consciousness for two days. When I came to, I couldn’t speak...”

During two-and-a-half years in the mental hospital, Ms. Li suffered physical and mental abuse. She was on the verge of death, and the doctor claimed that she would live for about three more weeks. She was taken home in September 2008.

From a medical perspective, that was the worst abuse of Ms. Liu ever had to endure. Previously, blood seeped out of her pores and formed scars. This time, her entire body swelled up, and her skin became opaque. She was taken to a hospital for an ultrasound, and the doctor was shocked to see that her heart was so damaged that her ventricles were unable to close.

Right after Ms. Liu died in the afternoon on October 26, 2008, an officer from the Chibi City 610 Office called Chibi Town, congratulating them on the death.

Order from Higher Officials: ‘Kill Her’

Ms. Li Shuhua, 32, was suffocated to death by police officers.

Ms. Li Shuhua, 32, was arrested on September 24, 2003, when she gave two pages of an article from the Minghui website to her detained husband. At the Yushu Detention Center, a group of police officers covered her head with a plastic bag and stabbed her fingertips, arms, back, and chest with needles. She was in excruciating pain. An officer ordered Ms. Li to tell him the source of the pages and the names of other practitioners she interacted with. When she refused to comply, the officer hit her in the eye so hard and that he knocked it out. Ms. Li screamed in pain and lost consciousness.

Disconcerted by what had happened, the officers called their superiors for instructions. An official’s response was: “Kill her!” The police officers then covered Ms. Liu’s head with a black plastic bag and suffocated her. An officer who knew about this said that, if her eyeball hadn’t been knocked out, she would probably not have been killed.

Covered with Gasoline and Burned to Death

Ms. Wang Huajun, 30, was burned to death by police in April 2001.

Ms. Wang Junhua, 30, of Baiguo Town, Hubei Province, declared that her statements, given at a brainwashing center, were null and void. Xu Shiqian, the head of the Political and Legal Affairs Committee (PLAC), then beat her until she lost consciousness. Police officers dragged her to Jinqiao Square in front of the city administration building. After pouring gasoline on her and burning her to death, officers told the public that Ms. Wang committed suicide by self-immolation.

According to a witness, Ms. Wang was lying on the ground when the fire started. She moved a bit and tried to get up but was too weak. Police officers at the scene panicked, worrying that she would call out and show what truly happened.

Ms. Wang was survived by her two young sons. When village residents looked at her body, they only found burns on her front, not her back. She was missing an ear and had deep knife cuts in her throat and the back of her head.

Three male practitioners who knew about this incident were later arrested, tied to motorcycles, and pulled at high speed until they died.

Murder Disguised as Suicide

Ms. Su Qionghua, 32, was killed by police and then labeled as a suicide.

Ms. Su Qionghua, 32, was a Falun Gong practitioner in Suining City, Sichuan Province. Police from Suining City and the Chuanshan District went to her home on December 17, 2000. Ms. Su refused to open the door and police surrounded the building for three days, yelling that they would kill her.

When Ms. Su was talking to 300 or so spectators about what happened, a police officer broke in at about 6:30 p.m. on December 20 and kicked her. When she grabbed the officer’s foot with both hands, the officer kicked her again and knocked her down. She fell from the sixth floor. The bystanders were stunned and called out, “The police killed her! The police killed her!”

After Ms. Su fell, the police did not do anything to assist her. Instead, they carried Ms. Su, who was still alive, and put her in a safety net. They announced that she committed suicide by jumping from the building and that the police rescued her with the net. Before leaving with her body, they took photos and waited until she had died.

“We Are in a Crematorium Already, Let’s Burn Him”

Tianxin Police Department officers arrested 24-year-old Mr. Lei Jingxiong on August 18, 2004. They began to torture him at 4 p.m. and Mr. Lei lost consciousness by the evening.

They took him to a crematorium, but a female officer noticed that Mr. Lei moving a little. “He’s not dead, we cannot burn him,” she said. “He is almost dead. Plus, we are in the crematorium already, let’s burn him,” replied another officer. “We cannot burn a live person. If there is an investigation, who will be held responsible?” asked the female officer.

Thus, Mr. Lei was taken to the Changsha Central Hospital and survived.

Mr. Lei Jingxiong of Shitang Village in Hunan Province was nearly cremated when he was 24.

Mr. Lei was sentenced to eight years in prison. His father Lei Yuanjun sought compensation according to the State Compensation Law by traveling six times to Changsha, the capital of Hunan Province, and six times to Beijing. He also submitted the paperwork to various government agencies but did not hear back. Instead, he was detained twice for doing so.

Still Alive: Crematorium Employee Refuses to Cremate

Ms. Liu Weishan, a teacher from Xiangfan City, Hubei Province, was sentenced to prison in October 2002 and taken to Wuhan City Women’s Prison. Guards handcuffed her arms behind her back and hung her up to the metal ceiling.

When Ms. Liu was near death, the police took her to a hospital on January 31, 2006. She was registered as unknown in the hospital, and no visits were allowed. As a result of physical abuse, she had become bedridden and suffered a mental collapse.

When the hospital was moved in August 2011, Ms. Liu was also transferred to the new location. The Xiangfan City 610 Office and Fan Zhiyong, Party secretary of the hospital, took her to a crematorium although she was alive. An employee at the crematorium noticed that Ms. Liu was still alive and refused to cremate her. She was taken back to the hospital.

Taken to a Crematorium While Still Alive

Mr. Zhang Zhenggang used to work at the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC) in Huai’an City, Jiangsu Province. He once wrote to the Party secretary of Huaiyin City and officials in Beijing to clarify the facts about Falun Gong. Police officers took him to the Huaian Detention Center on March 2, 2000, and beat him so severely that he ended up in a coma.

The police took Mr. Zhang to Huaian First Hospital, where a doctor operated on his skull. Mr. Zhang’s wife and mother rushed to the hospital after hearing that Mr. Zhang was still breathing and had a heartbeat at about 6:30 p.m. on March 30. The police wouldn’t them see him, claiming he was still in surgery.

While other officers took the family to another room to talk, other officers ordered the doctor to stop Mr. Zhang’s oxygen and IV and injected him with unknown drugs. Several officers then took Mr. Zhang, who was still alive, to be cremated.

After the cremation, the police told the family that no relatives were allowed at the funeral, and relatives were forbidden to take the police to court.

Alive in the Morgue

Mr. Cheng Xueshan of Jinchuan Town, Heilongjiang Province, was arrested on April 5, 2005. The police notified his family on April 12 that he had died of a heart attack.

When his wife and son saw Mr. Cheng on ice in the morgue, they could only him from the waist up. When his son picked up his father’s head, Mr. Cheng opened his eyes and then closed them. “My father is alive!” he cried out. But officials ignored him and pushed them to the side. When the family protested, four officers took them out of the room.

Mr. Cheng Xueshan of Heilongjiang Province was placed on ice on the morgue when he was still alive.

Cremated Alive

Mr. Jiang Xiqing and his wife Luo Zehui

Mr. Jiang Xiqing, a former officer with the Jingjin City Tax Administration, was beaten by Xishanping Forced Labor Camp guards in January 2009 and lost consciousness. The police announced he had died of heart disease on January 28.

After his family was informed, they went to the crematorium. When they pulled Mr. Jiang’s drawer out of the ice locker, Jiang Hong, his son-in-law, noticed Mr. Jiang’s face and chest were still warm. “My father is still alive!” he cried out. Other family members also noticed this.

Police officers tried to push Mr. Jiang back into the drawer, but the family resisted and called the police hotline for help. The officers on site pushed the family out of the room and pushed Mr. Jiang back into the drawer and had him cremated while he was still alive.

Related Articles:

Surviving Extreme Torture - A Lotus Flower that Never Withers

Ms. Liu Xiaolian Dies after Being Injected with Toxic Medication and Brutally Beaten in Hubei Province (Photos)

Related Article in Chinese:记者秘闻录