14 Falun Gong Practitioners in Qingyang City, Gansu Province Still Detained for Their Faith
(Minghui.org) The persecution of the spiritual discipline of Falun Gong by the Chinese communist regime since July 1999 has been the most severe in Qingyang City among all regions in Gansu Province.
At least 68 practitioners in Qingyang have been sentenced to prison for upholding their faith, with the longest term being 20 years; another 60 practitioners were given terms in forced labor camps, with some practitioners having received three terms.
According to information collected by Minghui.org, at least 14 practitioners from Qingyang are still incarcerated in prisons or detention centers for their faith. Below is a list of the practitioners who are still detained.
1. Ms. Zhang Rongjuan, about 55, was sentenced to 20 years in August 2002. She is still detained at Qinghai Province Women's Prison. She was once tortured to the point of not being able to walk and had to be carried out to the meeting room when her family visited her at the prison.
2. Ms. Jiao Lili, 50, was sentenced to 8 years on May 20, 2016 and is now serving time at Gansu Women's Prison. She previously served a five-year term between 2001 and 2006 at the same prison. The guards beat her, shocked her with electric batons, deprived her of sleep, and forced her to squat in one position for long periods of time.
3. Ms. Guo Caiping, in her 60s, was sentenced to three years in 2016 and is serving time at Gansu Women's Prison. She was arrested on January 27, 2016 for filing a criminal complaint against Jiang Zemin, former leader of the communist regime who ordered the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999. She developed Parkinson's syndrome in the prison and was denied family visits several times.
4. Ms. Wang Yuxia, in her 50s, was sentenced to five years in prison by Qingcheng Court in January 2017. The guards didn't allow her to use the restroom and forced her to relieve herself in her pants. These abuses are part of the authorities’ attempts to force her to renounce her faith.
5. Ms. Duan Xiaoyan, 48, was sentenced to ten years in prison by Qingcheng Court in January 2017. She has been denied family visits since she was transferred to Gansu Women's Prison in July 2017.
6. Ms. Qi Huirong, in her 70s, was sentenced to three years in prison following her arrest on November 25, 2016. This is her second prison term for practicing Falun Gong. She is currently held at Gansu Women's Prison.
7. Ms. Wei Xueling was sentenced to three years by Qingcheng Court in 2016 for filing a criminal complaint against Jiang Zemin. Her appeal was rejected by Qingyang City Intermediate Court. She began to serve time at Gansu Women's Prison on July 24, 2017.
8. Ms. Li Yu, in her 70s, a retired teacher, was sentenced to two years in prison in 2016. She began to serve time at Gansu Women's Prison in August 2016. The guards forced her to write statements renouncing Falun Gong. She became incontinent as a result of torture.
9. Mr. Zhang Zhihe was sentenced to three years by Ning County Court on December 24, 2016 for suing Jiang Zemin. He is now serving time at Tianshui Prison.
10. Mr. Cao Ming was sentenced to four years in prison in 2017. His appeal was rejected by Qingyang City Intermediate Court in May 2017. He began to serve time at Tianshui Prison one month later.
11. Mr. Wang Mingquan was sentenced to seven years in prison following his arrest on November 4, 2017. The police confiscated his computer and printer. He is now detained at Huan County Detention Center.
12. Ms. Qiang Weixiu was arrested on July 4, 2018 and is currently kept at Ning County Detention Center.
13. Ms. He Xuerong was arrested on August 11, 2018 and is kept at Qingcheng County Detention Center.
14. Ms. Jiang Xueqin was arrested in late August or September 2018 while talking to people about Falun Gong. The police ransacked her home and confiscated many of her personal belongings. It remains to be investigated where she is detained.