Wuhan, Hubei Province: 24 Falun Gong Practitioners Sentenced to Prison Since 2017
(Minghui.org) At least 24 Falun Gong practitioners in Wuhan, Hubei Province, have been sentenced to prison since 2017, according to information collected by Minghui.org.
The lengths of the sentences range from 1.5 years to 8 years, with an average of 3.3 years. Nine practitioners were fined a total of 48,000 yuan.
In addition to the sentenced practitioners, many other practitioners in the area have also been arrested and are in different stages of prosecution.
Wang Guixia, Tong Julan, Liu Shuhua, Guo Jindan, Xia Huanzhen, and Wu Bilin have been indicted for their faith and are facing trial.
The following practitioners have been issued formal arrest warrants and face indictment for their faith: Wang Lixin, Chen Shanju, Huang Hongyun, Hou Aila, Hou Mila, Rao Xiaoping, Hong Weisheng, Huang Yufeng, Wang Quan, and eight other practitioners whose names remain to be investigated.
Feng Yunqing, Cai Manyi, Wei Youxiu, Mei Shuqing and her husband, Bao Yunong, are still being detained without being issued formal arrest warrants.
Details of the 24 Sentenced Practitioners
1. Ms. Zhu Ya, a 54-year-old disabled woman, was arrested on April 25, 2017, and tried on June 15, 2018. She was sentenced to eight years and fined 20,000 yuan by Huangpi District Court on July 17, 2018.
2. Ms. Wang Qihua, 66, was arrested on July 13, 2017. She was detained at Yusunshan Brainwashing Center for a few days and transferred to Wuhan No.1 Woman's Detention Center. She was sentenced by Xinzhou District Court to eight years on May 2, 2018.
3. Mr. Zhou Xikun, was sentenced to three years by Hongshan District Court on October 31, 2017, and fined 5,000 yuan. He has been taken to Fanjiatai Prison to serve his term.
4-6. Ms. Shi Yingxia, Mr. Wang Jijun and Mr. Zhong Changkui, were arrested on July 19, 2016. They appeared in Hongshan District Court on December 13, 2017. Ms. Shi and Mr. Wang were sentenced to five years and Mr. Zhong to four years.
7-10. Ms. Chen Huan, Ms. Wang Yini, Ms. Zhou Hongyan and Ms. Huang Haiying were arrested in November 2016. They appeared together in Hongshan District Court on August 22, 2017. Ms. Chen was later sentenced to five years in prison, Ms. Zhou and Ms. Huang to three and a half years each, and Ms. Wang to two years.
11-15. Five practitioners, including Mr. Fu Guoqi, Ms. Xia Yulan, Ms. Xi Guoxiu, Mr. Chen Yanming, and Mr. Huang Liwu, were arrested on July 12, 2016, and tried on November 21, 2017 by Huarong District Court. The judge sentenced them to prison in March 2018: Mr. Fu was given four years, Ms. Xia two years and ten months, Mr. Chen two years and six months, Mr. Huang two years and two months, and Ms. Xi two years.
16. Ms. Li Da, a 24-year-old graduate student at Hubei University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, was sentenced to 3.5 years in prison and fined 6,000 yuan by Hongshan District Court in November 2017.
17. Ms. Cai Rufen was arrested on February 20, 2017, and tried on November 1, 2017, by Hongshan District Court. She was sentenced to three years in prison in mid-November and fined 3,000 yuan. She is now incarcerated at Wuhan Women's Prison.
18. Ms. Zhu Jiman was arrested on April 7, 2017, while distributing Falun Gong informational materials in a residential area. She stood trial on April 3, 2018, and was sentenced to three years in prison and fined 3,000 yuan by Wuchang District Court.
19. Mr. Dai Shunxi was arrested in May 2017 after he was seen on a surveillance camera putting up banners about Falun Gong. He was tried and sentenced to two years in prison and fined 2,000 yuan by Wuchang District Court in mid-May 2018. He was taken to Shayang Prison in Hubei Province in mid-June.
20-21. Ms. Hong Guimei and her husband, Mr. Dou Yansheng, were arrested on July 20, 2017. They were sentenced to two years each in August 2018.
22. Ms. Li Mengxiang was arrested on March 7, 2017, for hanging Falun Gong banners. She was sentenced to two years in prison and fined 4,000 yuan by Xinzhou District Court on March 30, 2018. Wuhan City Intermediate Court denied her appeal.
23. Ms. Zhang Xianlan was arrested on August 1, 2017, for talking to people about Falun Gong on the street. She has been detained at Wuhan No.1 Detention Center since her arrest. Xinzhou District Court tried her on June 20, 2018. She was sentenced to 1.5 years in prison and fined 2,000 yuan. She has been taken to Wuhan Women's Prison.
24. Ms. Guo Shujun, 75, was arrested on November 2, 2016, for talking to people about Falun Gong. She was tried by Dongxihu District Court on April 3, 2018, and fined 3,000 yuan on the next day.