Name: Liu Xiyong(刘希永)
Gender: Male
Age: 71
Address: Shihe Village, Jinzhou District, Dalian City, Liaoning Province
Occupation: Farmer
Date of Most Recent Arrest
: July 24, 2008
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Benxi Xihu Prison (本溪溪湖监狱)
City: Benxi City
Liaoning Province
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, brutal beatings, forced labor reform, back cuff, strict control, sleep deprivation, death bed, confined in a small cell, home ransacked, extortion, damaging force-feeding, drug administration, illegal sentencing, imprisonment

( Mr. Liu Xiyong lives in Shihe Village in Dalian City. He was severely persecuted in Dalian Forced Labor Camp for two years and in Nanguanling Prison in Dalian and Xihu Prison in Benxi for three and a half years because he would not give up practicing Falun Gong.

Liu Xiyong had several health problems before he began practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. In particular, his legs hurt, but the hospital could not diagnose the problem or offer relief. Later the leg pain was so severe that he could hardly work, and a bit later he could not even take care of himself. He also had conflicts with his neighbors. In August 1997, he started to practiced Falun Dafa and strictly followed the principles of Truthfulness-Compassionate-Forbearance. He improved his xinxing and resolved the years of conflicts with his neighbors. Moreover, the leg pain that had tortured him for many years was healed and he regained his health. In daily life, he helped the villagers with their work. He always considered others and quietly helped others in need. All of the villagers said that he was a good man.

On July 20, 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started to persecute Falun Gong. Mr. Liu was shocked by the slander and the persecution and told others about his own experience with Dafa. Because of this, the Shihe Police Station and Government has persecuted him three times.

In April 2002, Mr. Liu worked late and arrived home after 7 p.m. to find the police waiting for him. The officers, including Xu Guangyue and others, arrested him and four other Falun Gong practitioners, handcuffed them, and took them to the Shihe Police Station. Station chief Cai Jie ordered everyone to hand over 10,000 yuan in order to be released. No documents were provided. Three of them turned in 10,000 yuan and one handed over 5,000 yuan, and all were released. Mr. Liu did not give them anything and was then reported to the higher level police office. He was later sentenced to forced labor for two years.

On June 16, 2002, when Mr. Liu was at the fifth team of Dalian Forced Labor Camp, Wang Changguo, who had given up practicing Falun Gong, beat him with sticks. On June 17, Wang hit Mr. Liu on the head with the sole of a shoe to pressure him to give up practicing Falun Gong. Between August and September, Mr. Liu was infested with scabies due to the primitive conditions in the camp. He then did the Falun Gong exercises. Officer Jing Dianke took Mr. Liu to a special room, claiming his scabies would be cure, but, in fact, Jing was going to torture him. Five or six men then held Mr. Liu down on a metal bed and beat him. Guo Peng, the lieutenant of the fifth team, kicked Mr. Liu Xiyong brutally. The police also handcuffed Mr. Liu behind his back and to the bed so that he could not turn over, wash his face, or rinse his mouth for more than 40 days. Mr. Liu shouted “Falun Dafa is good” during this period of time. Liu Zhongke, captain of the 5th team, and other prisoners, stuffed a rag into Mr. Liu's mouth so hard that they knocked out some of his teeth.

In mid-November 2003, Mr. Liu Xiyong talked about the facts of Falun Gong with the captain of the 3rd team, Li Maojiang. Li then took Mr. Liu to a special room again. Li Maojiang is a hypocrite. It looked like Li Maojiang had not beaten Falun Gong practitioners for a long time, but he often lied to them and deceived them by saying such things as, “The Captain wants talk to you,” “The instructor wants to talk with you,” and so on. Then he took the practitioners to the special room. There he told other prisoners to stretch practitioners' arms and handcuff them to a metal bed. The practitioner was often handcuffed for about a month at a time, sometimes even for several months. Sometimes the practitioners were deprived of sleep for six to nine days. Some were so severely persecuted that they even had hallucinations. Mr. Liu Xiyong was 64 years old at that time. He was sent to the special room several times. After leaving the room, his eyesight was so bad that he could hardly see. In the Dalian labor camp, Mr. Liu was brutally tortured. He was in terrible shape and could hardly take care of himself.

Mr. Liu was released after two years. He was still practicing Falun Dafa and kept telling people the facts. At 9 p.m. on April 24, 2006, Guo Xin, head of the Shihe Police Station, sent Xu Guangyue and seven other officers to break into Mr. Liu's home. They took one computer, three radio recorders, a copier, and Dafa books. The police also arrested both Mr. Liu Xiyong and his wife. Mr. Liu was kept in the Sanli Detention Center in Jinzhou, and his wife was held in the Dalian Brainwashing Center for 24 days. In Sanli Detention Center, Mr. Liu believed there was nothing wrong with following Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance, so he started a hunger strike. Five or six officers in the detention center then beat him brutally. The doctor force-fed him savagely. They fed him unknown drugs that caused his belly to swell up until he could barely walk or take care of himself. After 28 days, Mr. Liu escaped from the detention center. He resumed studying the Fa and practicing the exercises after returning home, and his health gradually recovered. Officer Jiang Qingshan kept monitoring Mr. Liu after he left the detention center, and the Shihe Police Station also often harassed him over the telephone. To escape the harassment, Mr. Liu and his wife had to leave home for more than a year.

When he returned home from work at around 5 p.m. on July 24, 2008, Mr. Liu was arrested by Xu Guangyue, the vice head of the Shihe Police Station, and three or four other officers. At the station, the police took away his watch, cellphone, MP3 player, and 149 yuan in cash. Mr. Liu was sent to the Jinzhou Police Station at 6:30 p.m. for registration. Half an hour later, he was sent to the Sanli Detention Center. After sending him to the police station, police officer Xu Guangyue returned to Mr. Liu's home and stole his belongings. The police did not notify Mr. Liu's family, so they had to search for him all over for about five days. The police did not let his family see him. Mr. Liu started a hunger strike in the detention center. The police force fed him with highly concentrated salt water, which caused Mr. Liu to tremble in great pain. His hunger strike lasted 60 days. Afterward he was transferred to the prison and could not walk at all. On his 40th day in the detention center, Mr. Liu was put on trial in the Jinzhou court. When the court staff said to him, “Falun Gong is a cult,” Mr. Liu replied, “No, Falun Gong is the righteous Fa of the universe.” The verdict was delivered to him several days later: “three and a half years in prison.” He asked the court messenger, “Why was I sentenced to prison for three and a half years?” The messenger replied, “I don't know. I am just in charge of delivering the verdict.” So Mr. Liu was sentenced to prison without even knowing why.

On September 24, 2008, Mr. Liu was transferred to Dalian's Nanguanlin Prison. After 24 days, he was transferred to Xihu Prison in Benxi City. At this time, Mr. Liu's family still did not know where he was. Not until November 2008 did Xihu Prison call Mr. Liu's family to have them send him clothes. His family then had a chance to see him. He was very thin and could hardly walk, and his family all wept.

In March 2009, Mr. Liu Xiyong was transferred to the fourth team in Xihu Prison. Policeman Wu Guangjie ordered Fu Qi, a drug abuser from Benxi, and Wang Dandan, a rapist from Liaoyang, to monitor Mr. Liu every day. They always started to curse Mr. Liu starting at 11 p.m. If they saw Mr. Liu about to fall asleep, they poured water into his shoes. They often kept him from drinking water by breaking the cups. They did not dare to beat him at that time because a person had been beaten to death there recently. However, after August 2010, the prison started to “transform” Falun Gong practitioners, and the two prisoners started beat Mr. Liu.

Mr.Liu Xiyong was released on December 25, 2011.

Related article:
Mr. Liu Xiyong Persecuted Repeatedly in Dalian City”