Approximately 80 Practitioners Arrested in Harbin in December 2011
(Clearwisdom.net) Under the command of the 610 Office in Heilongjiang Province, Harbin City, police recently conducted a mass arrest of practitioners. According to the summary statistics on the reported cases on the Minghui website (Chinese version of Clearwisdom.net), about 80 practitioners were arrested in Harbin and Shuangcheng City in December 2011.
After 56 practitioners were arrested in Shuangcheng City on November 13, 2011, by Han Zhi, deputy director of the Harbin Police Department, and Shuangcheng police, another two dozen Shuangcheng practitioners and two dozen Harbin practitioners were arrested in December. Around December 20, 2011, 19 Shuangcheng practitioners were taken to the Qianjin Forced Labor Camp. On the last day of 2011, December 31, 2011, about 30 Harbin practitioners were arrested. The arrested practitioners were tortured. Practitioner Ms. Jiang Xiaoyan lost consciousness several times while being tortured.
The following are records of harassment conducted by Harbin police in December 2011.
80 Harbin Practitioners Arrested and Many Harassed in December 2011
A. About 30 Practitioners Arrested on December 31, 2011
On December 31, 2011, around 30 Harbin practitioners were arrested. It was alleged that the police had long planned the arrests. They had followed practitioners and monitored their phone calls and Internet activities for a long time. They named the mass arrests campaign “Zero o'clock action.” It meant that all practitioners on their list would be arrested before midnight on 2012, New Year's eve. Some practitioners' family members were arrested at the same time. It created an atmosphere of terror.
The following are the known arrest cases.
1. After 8:00 a.m. on December 31, Ms. Qi Yaru from Sanfu Street in the Xiangfang District was arrested at her sister's home, which is in Wuzhan Town, Zhao City, by officers from the Harbin and the Wuzhan Town Police Station. When she was put in a police car, Ms. Qi saw her husband was there. It is very likely that her husband was there under police duress. Their ten-year-old daughter was arrested at the same time.
2. On the morning of December 31, Mr. Gong Wenyi of the Daowai District, Harbin, was arrested.
3. After 5:00 a.m. on December 31, officers broke into Ms. Guo Yulan's home in the Xiangfang District using a master key. They arrested Ms. Guo, ransacked her home, and confiscated her cash and personal belongings.
4. On December 31, Mr. Song, Mr. Xiao, Ms. Ding Xiaomei, and all practitioners at the Longjiang Boiler Factory in the Daowai District, Harbin, were arrested.
5. At 6:00 a.m. on December 31, Ms. Li Xiuhong from the Hongping Neighborhood of Harbin and her husband (not yet practicing) were arrested at home.
6. On the morning of December 31, Mr. Bo of the Harbin City Film Machine Factor was arrested.
7. At around 5:00 a.m. on December 31, Mr. Zhang Baoquan, who is from the Xiangfang District, and the route 338 bus driver with the Harbin Bus Company, was arrested at home by officers from the Zhongshan Road Police Station. Meng Xiangsheng, the director of the police station, was among the officers.
8. Between 7:00 and 8:00 a.m. on December 31, Mr. Li Wenchun from Xiangfang District, Harbin, was arrested at home by officers from the Xiangfang District Police Sub-Bureau. Almost everything in his home was taken by the police. The practitioners who went to his home that day were arrested and are being held at the Yaziquan Detention Center (also known as the Secondary Center).
9. At around 1:00 p.m. on December 31, officers arrested two practitioners, who own a photo gallery. They also arrested Mr. Zhao Xidong from Nangang District, Harbin, who was there to print photos. The officers then took Mr. Zhao to his home, conducted an illegal search, and confiscated 3,000 yuan in cash and other personal belongings. They left a mess for the family to clean up – scraps of paper and spilled ink all over the floor, cigarette butts, leftover grapefruit skins, used napkins, and other garbage on the dining table. Witnesses in the neighborhood said that a police car drove away from the front gate of Mr. Zhao's apartment unit between 4:00 and 4:30 p.m.
Since the police did not inform the family of the arrest, Mr. Zhao's family called the 110 emergency number to report his disappearance after they searched for him but didn't find him. Five hours later, the family finally got a phone call from the Heping Road Police Station, saying that Mr. Zhao was in the detention station of the Xiangfang Police Sub-bureau.
10. On the morning of December 31, Mr. Wu Yiyu in the Daowai District was arrested at his booth at the Langu Electronics Street in the Nangang District, Harbin. His whereabouts are currently unknown.
11. Mr. Liu Jingzhou in Daoli District, Harbin, was arrested at his home on December 31. His whereabouts are currently unknown.
12. At 7:00 a.m. on December 31, Mr. Wang Chuanxi in the Daoli District, Harbin, was arrested at home by a dozen officers from the Domestic Security Division, the Daoli District Police Sub-Bureau, and the Xinhua Police Station. The officers took more than 20,000 yuan in cash, multiple bank cards, cash from Mr. Wang's store, and many personal belongings. Mr. Wang is being illegally held at the Yaziquan Detention Center.
13. Practitioners in Xiangfang District, Harbin, Mr. Zhang Shengguo and his wife, were arrested at home after 3:00 a.m. on December 31.
The officers convinced the couple to open the door by pretending to inform them of a broken water pipe downstairs. Once they got in, the officers conducted an illegal search, which lasted until after 5:00 a.m. The officers took their computer, printer, discs, and more than 10,000 yuan in cash.
Several officers were left to wait for and arrest other practitioners came to Mr. Zhang's home. At around 9:00 a.m., they arrested Ms. Li Xiubo, who is in her seventies, as well as Ms. Xiao Chunyan, and Mr. He, all of whom are practitioners.
Mr. Zhang and his wife's whereabouts are currently unknown.
14. At around 7:00 a.m. on December 31, officers from the Seventh Division of the Harbin Police Department and the Baojian Road Police Station in the Nangang District, Harbin, broke into Mr. Liu Yanbo's home, conducted an illegal search, arrested Mr. Liu, and detained him at the Seventh Division.
15. Ms. Hao Lianqin and Ms. Wang from Zhengyanghe were arrested at the same time.
After 7:00 a.m. on December 31, when Ms. Hao was opening the door for Ms. Wang, over 20 officers suddenly showed up. They pushed the practitioners as well as Ms. Hao's husband to the ground and beat them.
The officers arrested Ms. Hao and Ms. Wang, took more than 60 Falun Dafa books, many discs, more than 6,000 yuan in cash, a computer, and a printer. The officers were from the Domestic Division, the Daoli District Police Sub-bureau, and the Hebo Police Station. Director Li of the Daoli District Police Department was there. About five officers stayed in Ms. Hao's home until 2:30 p.m.
16. Mr. Li Chunguang of Beike Street in the Daowai District, Harbin, was arrested on the morning of December 31 by officers from the Daowai Domestic Security Division. They ransacked his home and confiscated materials related to Falun Gong.
17. After 7:00 a.m. on January 1, 2012, a group of Harbin officers broke into Ms. Li Xuejun's home and arrested her.
B. 21 Shuangcheng practitioners arrested and many harassed
1. At 7:40 p.m. on December 7, a dozen officers went to Mr. Li Shuqi's home in Lianfeng Village. They claimed that they were from the Shuangcheng Police Department, but they showed no identification. They seized 70-year-old Mr. Li Shuqi, his two daughters-in-law, his younger son, his daughter, and one visitor, and took them all to the Shuangcheng City Detention Center. Only Mr. Li Shuqi's wife, who cried as she watched them being taken away, was not arrested. The officers later ransacked the home, leaving a huge mess. The arrested practitioners were very lightly clothed, and some were even in slippers. The next day, guard Ai from the Shuangcheng City Detention Center had the practitioners call their families and ask them each to pay 1,000 yuan for a “public security fine,” and 500 yuan for two weeks of meals. Two days later, a patrol officer demanded an additional 1,000 yuan and ordered them each to sign a statement guaranteeing that they would not sue the officers, appeal, or file charges. They then forced the families to pay yet another 480 yuan for meals.
2. At around 8:00 p.m. on December 23, four officers from the Handian Town Police Station in Shuangcheng drove to Hongcheng Village, arrested Mr. Dong Guozhong, and seized four Falun Dafa books. Mr. Dong is being held at the Shuangcheng Detention Center. Before that, the officers went to another practitioner's home and attempted to arrest him, but failed because the house was locked.
3. After 9:00 a.m. on December 18, Ms. Zhang Shuyun, who is in her fifties, in Donggaojia, Xinsheng Village, Xinxing Township, Shuangcheng, was arrested while she was washing clothes at home, by officer Song Jiuwu from the Xinxing Town Police Station and officers from the Shuangcheng Domestic Security Division. Ms. Zhang was taken to the Shuangcheng Detention Center.
4. At around 3:00 p.m. on December 17, officers from the Wanlong Town Police Station broke into Mr. Xue Ruihui's home in Guangning Village. The officers showed no concern that Mr. Xue's wife, who had terminal cancer, would have no one to take care of her, and took Mr. Xue away, saying, “We are following orders from our superiors.” Mr. Xue was taken to the Shuangcheng Detention Center.
5. Officer Xi Baoku and several other officers from the Chengjiao Police Station broke into a practitioner's home in Changchan Village, Xingfu Town on December 14. The officers ransacked the home while the practitioner was away. They confiscated 30 copies of Zhuan Falun and 20 photos of Falun Gong's Teacher.
6. At around 9:00 a.m. on December 12, officers from the Jincheng Town Police Station broke into 70-year-old Mr. Zhang Zhongtian's home in Dengjiatun Village and arrested him. The officers also confiscated Falun Gong books, a computer, and other personal belongings.
7. At around 3:00 p.m. on December 9, plainclothes officers in a car without any license plates broke into Ms. Zhang Shuxia' home in Hongwei Village, Handian Town. They intended to take Ms. Zhang away, but she was not home at the time.
8. On December 9, about six officers from the Wujia Town Police Station arrested Ms. Cang Jinxiu from Wujia Town and two elderly practitioners from Nuanquan Village--Mr. Zheng Shining, 71, and Ms. Du Guilian, 64. They confiscated computers, tape recorders, Falun Gong books, and other personal belongings from the practitioners' homes. Mr. Zheng was so frightened that he fainted and had to be taken to the Wujia Town Hospital for emergency treatment. That same afternoon, the two elderly practitioners each had 3,500 yuan extorted from them by officers from the Wujia Town Police Station before they were released. Ms. Cang Jinxiu was taken to the Shuangcheng City Detention Center.
9. On December 8, officers from the Chengjiao Police Station, led by village head Ma Wanjun, went to Mr. Li Zhenwen's home in Youlian Village and ransacked it. The officers confiscated Falun Gong books and photos of Falun Gong's Teacher. They arrested Mr. Li Peng and took him to a detention center. At noon on December 12, the officers again went to Mr. Li's home and asked his wife where he was. They confiscated more Falun Gong books and smashed their satellite dish that received NTDTV programming.
10. Officers from the Chengzhen Police Station broke into Mr. Fu's home in Wanjia brigade on December 8, and arrested Mr. Wang Xingyu, Ms. Zheng Wenping, and Ms. Zhao Shufang. The officers confiscated Falun Gong books, photos of Falun Gong's Teacher, and a lotus-shaped lamp. The three practitioners were taken to the Shuangcheng Detention Center. The officers later went to other practitioners' homes and harassed them. Mr. Wang's wife, Ms. Yan Fen, is incarcerated in the Heilongjiang Province Women's Prison. Mr. Wang's daughter was released and returned home last year. His son is working odd jobs out of town, and there is now no one to take care of his grandson.
11. At around 2:00 p.m on December 7, officers broke into Mr. Liu Qingyi's home in Hongwei Village, Handian Town. They arrested Mr. Liu and confiscated photos of Falun Gong's teacher and several sitting cushions. They then proceeded to arrest Ms. Liu Qingxiang at her home. They did not even allow her to put on her overcoat before taking her away. The police then went to two other practitioners' homes, but found their doors locked. They finally went to yet another practitioner's home and confiscated many personal belongings. They arrested the practitioner's husband, who does not practice Falun Gong, and released him the next day.
12. At around 11:00 a.m. on December 28, 2011, about five officers from the Handian Township Police Station in Shuangcheng arrested Ms. Li Yumei in her own tailor shop. They also arrested one of her workers, who was later released, and confiscated many personal belongings.
13. By December 20, 2011, 19 practitioners had been imprisoned at the Qianjin Forced Labor Camp. Some practitioners, including those who refused to give their names, were taken to an unknown location. There are a few practitioners held at the Yaziquan Detention Center.
C. Five Practitioners Arrested in Mulan County
1. On December 3, 2011, practitioners Ms. Yao Jingqin and Ms. Lu were arrested and taken to the Mulan County Police Department.
2. After 3:00 p.m. on December 19, 2011, officers from the Xinmin Police Station of Mulan County arrested an elderly male practitioner and a middle-aged female practitioner in Yangjiagang Village, and held their minivan.
3. On the afternoon of December 19, 2011, officers Wang Zhaoyou, Sun Jixian, and Li Dechun, from the Jixing Township Police Station, and officers from the Third Police Station of the Mulan Police Department arrested Ms. Zhang Shixiang at work. They took her to Harbin the next morning. The exact location is unknown.
D. Three Hulan District Practitioners Arrested
1. On the morning of December 6, 2011, officers from Shiren Town, Hulan District, Harbin, arrested Mr. Liu Pengyun, using the excuse that he read Falun Gong books at home, and took him to the Hulan Detention Center.
2. Hulan Officers used a child as hostage and arrested Ms. Guo Yuhua
On December 20, 2011, a community officer from the Xinming Police Station went to practitioner Ms. Guo's home. Ms. Guo's child was at home alone. The officer saw a Falun Gong book and said to the child, “Come to the police station with me to sign a document, then you can come back.” After the child got to the police station, he was kept there. After failing to locate Ms. Guo, he had the child's uncle call Ms. Guo, and tell her go get her child at the police station. When Ms. Guo got to the station, she was arrested. She is now in the seventh division of the Harbin Police Department.
3. On December 26, 2011, Hulan District practitioner Ms. Yin Xiaohua was arrested.
E. Ten Practitioners Arrested in Harbin Urban Area
1. On the night of December 21, 2011, officers from the Nangang Domestic Security Division arrested Ms. Xiang Xiaoyan and confiscated her computer and some DVDs. She is being held at the Harbin City Secondary Detention Center.
2. On the afternoon of December 7, 2011, officers from the Jiankang Road Police Station and the Domestic Security Division of the Xiangfang District Police Sub-Bureau arrested 78-year-old Mr. Liu Shouxing and 71-year-old Ms. Guo Shuhui at their home, and confiscated their computer and other personal items.
3. At 7:00 p.m. on December 8, 2011, officers from the Jiankang Road Police Station arrested five practitioners, including Ms. Tian Qingling, Ms. Hua Fengxia, Ms. Zhang Dongmei, and Mr. Liu Jianmin. The practitioners were transferred to the Xiangfang District Domestic Security Division. The officers have been interrogating them.
4. Officers from the Chaoyang Town Police Station arrested 68-year-old Mr. Mao Weijun on or around December 10, 2011. They ransacked his home in the Xiangfang District, Harbin.
5. After 8:00 p.m. on December 29, 2011, the director and officers from the Anle Police Station in Dongli District arrested Mr. Wang Xinyu at home. Mr. Wang was taken to the police station and has been detained ever since.
F. Three Wuchang City Practitioners Arrested
1. Officers from the Wuchang City Domestic Security Division and the Lalin Town Police Station arrested Lalin Town practitioner Ms. Lang Shuying at home and confiscated her personal belongings. They also arrested Xinglong Township practitioners Mr. Song Wenzhong and Ms. Gao Fengxia, and harassed several other practitioners at their homes. The three practitioners are being held at the Wuchang Detention Center.
2. After 5:00 p.m. on December 21, 2011, officers banged on the door of Ms. Leng Yafang and Mr. Jiang's home. The couple managed to escape, but their belongings in the home was taken away by the officers. The couple have been forced to stay away from home to avoid being arrested.
3. After 2:00 p.m. on December 27, 2011, Mr. Lu Qingbo was arrested by Zhan Zhigang, an officer from the Wuchang City Domestic Security Division; Zhang Shuchun, head of the Qixing Brigade Party Committee; and officers from the Changshan Town Police Station. Mr. Lu is currently being held in the Wuchang City Domestic Security Division.
G. One Practitioner Arrested in the Acheng District, Harbin
Ms. Liu Guiying, 61, was arrested at home on the afternoon of December 19, 2011, by officers from the Jiaojie Police Station in the Acheng District. The officers ransacked her home and confiscated Falun Gong books, photos of Falun Gong's founder, and other personal items.
H. Three Practitioners Arrested in Bin County
1. At around 7:00 p.m. on December 16, 2011, Mr. Gao Sheng and Ms. Pan Mengling were arrested in Hongshan Village, Ningyuan Town, by officers from the Bin County Domestic Security Division and the Ningyuan Town Police Station. They were taken to the Ningyuan Town Police Station. The officers also went to Ms. Zhang Liang's home, but they left because the door was locked from the outside.
2. At around 9:00 p.m. on December 16, 2011, officers from the Bin County Domestic Security Division and local police station went to the homes of Mr. Liu Zhongwu, Mr. Liu Guoying, Ms. Xu Sujuan, and Mr. Li Xin. Mr. Liu Zhongwu was arrested, and several pictures hanging on the wall and a cell phone were confiscated. Later, officers went to the home of Mayu Village practitioner Mr. Xu Shuwen. At around 11:00 p.m., the officers went again to the villages with the intent to arrest, but they were unsuccessful. Mr. Xu Shuwen, Ms. Xu Shujuan, and Mr. Li Xin fled home to avoid harassment.
Cases of Severe Persecution
A. Qianjin Forced Labor Camp Extends Ms. Zuo Xianfeng's Term
Ms. Zuo Xianfeng, a teacher at Sandaogang Town Middle School in Yilan County, was arrested on May 30, 2010. She was sentenced to an 18-month prison term to be served at Qianjin Forced Labor Camp in Harbin. At the labor camp, Ms. Zuo was subjected to different types of torture, including electric shock, beatings, freezing, etc. At the end of her term, the labor camp extended her term another two months. Ms. Zuo is still in Qianjin Forced Labor Camp.
B. Ms. Jiang Xiaoyan Interrogated and Tortured, Causing Her to Lose Consciousness Three Times
Ms. Jiang Xiaoyan was arrested by officers from Harbin and Shuangcheng Cities on November 13, 2011. She was detained in the Harbin No. 2 Detention Center and tortured by officers from the Shuangcheng Domestic Security Division. She lost consciousness three times while undergoing torture. The officers roused her by pouring cold water over her, and then continued torturing her. During the interrogation, Ms. Jiang's head was fixed in a wooden frame, so she could not move it. The officers then poured cold water over her head. She was forced to sit on an iron chair every day, with her hands cuffed behind her back.
Ms. Jiang was diagnosed with cancer before she began practicing Falun Gong, but her illness completely disappeared after practicing.
C. Harbin Qianjin Force Labor Camp Prevented Attorney from Meeting His Practitioner Client
On December 26, 2011, Ms. Qin Hailong's family hired an attorney. The attorney went to Qianjin Forced Labor Camp and asked to meet with Ms. Qin. The camp directors, Wang Yaluo and Ye Yun, denied his request. Wang acted irrationally, accusing the attorney of being anti-CCP, etc. and not following the law. Ms. Qin was arrested with her mother in Shuangcheng on November 13, 2011. She was subjected to forced labor. Her father, Mr. Qin Yueming, was persecuted to death in Jiamusi Prison.
D. Ms. Wan Yunfeng of Taiping Town Subjected to Forced Labor
Ms. Wan Yunfeng of Taiping Town in the Daoli District of Harbin, was sentenced to 18 months of forced labor. She is currently in Qianjin Force Labor Camp. Her family got her forced labor ticket from officer Wang Yubiao from the Shuangcheng Domestic Security Division on the morning of December 28, 2011.
E. Shuangcheng Practitioner Mr. Wan Yunlong Subjected to Forced Labor
Mr. Wan Yunlong of Shuangcheng was subjected to two years of forced labor. On the morning of December 28, 2011, he was picked up from the Shuangsheng Secondary Detention Center.
F. Harbin Practitioner Ms. Wang Yan Taken to Qianjin Forced Labor Camp
On October 26, 2011, officers from the Domestic Security Division of the Harbin Railroad Bureau arrested Ms. Wang Yan and ransacked her home. They confiscated a computer from her home. Ms. Wang was taken to the Detention Center of the Harbin Railroad Bureau.
On December 21, 2011, Ms. Wang was taken to Qianjin Forced Labor Camp to serve a two-year term.
“Fifty-Six Practitioners Arrested in Heilongjiang Province” (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2011/12/19/130209.html )
“Claiming That They're Just Following Orders, Police in Shuangcheng Continue Mass Arrests of Falun Gong Practitioners” (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2011/12/26/130345.html )
“Harbin and Shuangcheng Police Arrest Dozens of Falun Gong Practitioners” (http://www.clearwisdom.net/html/articles/2011/11/25/129697.html )