(Minghui.org) At dawn on November 11, 2012, police cars containing dozens of officers, including specialized units bearing arms, surrounded the homes of Mr. Shen Jili, Mr. Shen's mother, and Ms. Li Fuqin, located at the Ershilibao Cigarette Factory residential area in Weifang. They arrested Mr. Shen and his wife, Ms. Li Xueling, and Ms. Li Fuqin. Mr. Shen and Ms. Li Fuqin were taken to the Weifang Brainwashing Center. Ms. Li Xueling was take to the Weifang City Detention Center. The officers searched the three homes and confiscated everything they had, including personal items, printers, computers, CD burners, cell phones, cash, and Falun Dafa books. Ms. Li Fuqin has been released due to being in critical condition as a result of torture.

Mr. Shen and his wife, Ms. Li Xueling, are known in the neighborhood for their filial piety. Mr. Shen's mother is almost 80 years old and unable to take care of herself. She has heart disease and is incontinent. She is grief-stricken due to the death of her husband this year. Ms. Li Xueling tends to her mother-in-law almost every day. Mr. Shen works during the day and cares for his mother at her home in the evenings. He consoles his mother, who is sometimes very confused.

Mr. Shen's mother witnessed her son and daughter-in-law's arrest. Officers from the Weifang City Domestic Security Division and Kuiwen District Domestic Security Division, along with specialized officers from Weifang and the Ershilibao Police Station, took them into custody. Her son was wearing only lightweight pants and slippers when they arrested him. Her spirit was crushed and she was terror-stricken throughout the day. She is worried that her son will be tortured again. She is waiting anxiously for her son and daughter-in-law to return. Since the CCP began persecuting Falun Gong in 1999, her son and daughter-in-law have been tortured many times, so this isn't the first time that she has suffered like this.

Mr. Shen was born in 1966 and originally worked at the Weifang Brewery. He was diligent and conscientious in his work, and maintained good relationships with his co-workers. He strictly followed the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance after he began practicing Falun Dafa and applied himself even harder at work. He was always willing to help others, and he received public praise. People offered him precious gifts and offered to wine and dine him because he was a manger. He politely declined all these overtures.

Mr. Shen went to Beijing several times to appeal on behalf of Falun Dafa after the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began its massive campaign to slander and vilify the practice and persecute its practitioners in 1999. He complained about the unfair treatment of Falun Gong. He was persecuted and fired from the brewery. He was destitute and homeless for five years. Ms. Li Xueling, his wife, was also fired. She then delivered milk to make a living. She had to get up at 2:00-3:00 a.m. and endure hardship.

Back in 2008, Mr. Shen and his wife were arrested at home by officers from the Weifang City Police Department and the Weifang Brewery Security Section. They tricked the couple into opening the door and searched and confiscated property, including cash, a computer, a printer, and Dafa materials. They also ransacked a very small store the couple ran. Mr. Shen was detained at the Weifang Detention Center and developed serious symptoms and was unable to eat. A prison doctor, Zhu, claimed that Mr. Shen was feigning illness after examining him. Wang Limin, a guard, and Zhu, the doctor, ordered six or seven criminals to brutally force feed Mr. Shen. Within a few minutes, he went into a coma. They transferred him to a public hospital. He came out of the coma two days later. The diagnosis was heart failure. His lungs were filled with fluid. Mr. Shen and his wife were then released.

Mr. Shen is now illegally detained in the Weifang Brainwashing Center. The director of the Weifang City Domestic Security Division and Gu Zhiyong, a police officer from Kuiwen, are responsible for persecuting Mr. Shen. There are three rows of one-story houses at the Weifang Brainwashing Center. Falun Dafa practitioners are locked up in one row that has six or seven cells. Every cell has video surveillance. One cell has an iron cage equipped with an iron chair inside that is specially designed to torture practitioners who are steadfast in their belief. Mr. Shen has been persecuted for over three weeks. He is very weak and has high blood pressure. His family has been denied visitation rights. There is no information available regarding Ms. Li Xueling. Mr. Shen's mother is very worried and cries all the time.