(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Li Chunyan was employed at the Hegang City Educational Kindergarten, Heilongjiang Province. Her husband, Hou Yujiu, was a former technician at Junde Mine, Hegang City. The couple was sentenced to four years of imprisonment in 2002 for practicing Falun Gong. They were released in 2006, and Ms. Li was sent to a forced labor camp again in October. Both husband and wife were taken away by police from Xinjiang Autonomous Region (AR) in 2009. Her husband was detained and persecuted for a year, and Ms. Li was sentenced to a seven-year prison term.

Ms. Li was apprehended by officers from Tuanjie Road Police Station in Hegang City in the winter of 2001 and taken to the Second Detention Center of Hegang City. She was only given two meals each day, consisting of only cabbage soup with no oil, and she was constantly verbally abused by the guards. She wasn't released until several months later, when her life was in critical danger due to the brutal tortures.

Under orders from Zhang Xingfu, secretary of the Hegang Municipal Committee, perpetrators from Hegang City Police Department arrested several hundred practitioners. The detention centers were completely full because of this. Several hundred practitioners were sentenced or sent to a forced labor camp. The Hegang Political and Legal Committee and 610 Office participated in this round of persecution.

Ms. Li Chunyan and her husband were arrested again and each sentenced to four years of imprisonment. Ms. Li was detained and tortured at the Heilongjiang Province Women's Prison.

After she returned home in 2006, the couple was reported by someone in Luobei County in October 2007. Ms. Li was then detained at the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp. Every day she was forced to sit on a small bench from morning until night. She was not released until her condition was critical and she had lost the ability to walk due to the brutal torture. Ms. Li and her husband went to Xinjiang. They were again picked up by the police in Xinjiang in 2009. Her husband was detained for a year and she was sentenced to seven years of imprisonment. She is currently being tortured in a prison in Xinjiang.