Name: Yang Jianjun (杨建军)
Gender: Male
Age: 34
Address: Xuchang, Henan Province
Occupation: Unknown

Date of Most Recent Arrest: January 2007
Most Recent Place of Detention:
Henan Province Prison in Xinmi (河南新密监狱)
City: Xinmi
Persecution Suffered:
Detention, forced labor, home ransacked, beatings, extortion, illegal sentencing

( The following is an account of the persecution experienced by Falun Gong practitioner Yang Jianjun's family in Xuchang, Henan Province.


Mr. Yang Jianjun gained great benefits from practicing Falun Gong. He went to Beijing in 2000 to appeal for the right to practice after the CCP launched a campaign against Falun Gong in July 1999. He was sentenced to three years in jail and detained in the Xuchang Third Forced Labor Camp. He was not released until 2003.

A large number of police officers from the Xuchang City Public Security Bureau and Xuchang County Domestic Security Division surrounded Mr. Yang's rented home in July 2007. Seven or eight officers broke into the house without showing their identity cards or following any legal procedures. They searched the house and confiscated personal belongings. They severely beat Mr. Yang at his door and knocked him down. They formed a circle around him and kicked his head, face, and body, disfiguring him. His nose and mouth bled profusely.

One policeman grabbed Mr. Yang's ten-month-old daughter, Yang Yifan, from his wife, Shen Yuehong, who is also a practitioner. Ms. Shen shouted, "Falun Dafa is a righteous Fa! Falun Dafa saves people!" Officers beat her viciously and pinned her with her face to the ground. Then they tied her arms behind her back and pulled her arms upwards. One of the officers put a dirty mop into her mouth while another grabbed her hair and severely beat her. Her mouth bled, her face became swollen, and her chin was heavily bruised. Her daughter was frightened and kept screaming.

Police officers confiscated their laptop, a printer and 5,000 yuan. Mr. Yang was taken to the Xuchang Third Detention Center again and held for a year and a half.

Song, director of the Xuchang City 610 Office, along with Sun Lina, Xiao Tao, and Xiao Heng from the Weidu District Public Security Bureau, began interrogating Ms. Shen Yuehong and her daughter on January 22, 2007, both at their home and in a hotel, for three days.

Police officers from Ms. Shen's hometown of Hengchuan County came to take her away on January 24 and put her in a brainwashing center. She managed to escape from the brainwashing center at 5 a.m. on January 26. Since that time, she has been forced to move frequently to avoid persecution.

Mr. Yang Sentenced to Ten Years

After Mr. Yang was released from the forced labor camp in June 2008, director Song sent him directly to Linzhou, Henan Province. Police destroyed a Dafa material production site in Zhuzhou and claimed that Mr. Yang had been involved. He was held in the Linzhou Detention Center, then sentenced to ten years in prison by the Linzhou Court in October 2008. He lodged an appeal. The Anyang Intermediate Court in Henan Province upheld the ruling in April 2010, and sent him to Henan Prison in Xinmi County without notifying his family.

Wife Shen Yuehong Detained in Xinxiang Women's Prison in Henan Province

In May 2008, homeless Ms. Shen Yuehong with her two-year-old daughter was going to visit her husband, Mr. Yang, who was detained in Xuchang Third Forced Labor Camp. On the way, she went to visit practitioner Ms. Wang Haisong's home in Xuchang. Ms. Wang let them stay overnight, but the police discovered and followed them. Several police cars arrived at Ms Wang's home at 5 a.m. the following day. Two dozen officers broke into her home, beat Ms. Shen in front of her daughter, then searched the home. Officers from the Weidu District Public Security Bureau in Xuchang arrested her and put her in the Xuchang Detention Center again. Her employer, Xuchang General Machinery Factory, fired her, and she lost her source of income.

Police also arrested Ms. Wang Haisong. They confiscated a TV, VCD, satellite receiver, computer, and a printer. The Weidu District Court sentenced her to three years and sent her to the Henan Province Prison in Xinmi County.

During her imprisonment in Xuchang Detention Center, Ms. Shen refused to cooperate with the director and police officer Zheng Jie, so she was severely persecuted. She became emaciated quickly and suffered from a low-grade fever and fluid in her lungs on a long-term basis. She was shackled and taken to the hospital to have the fluid pumped out. She developed symptoms of tuberculosis and was very weak. The Weidu District Court tried three practitioners - Shen Yuehong, Wang Haisong and Chang Qing. They didn't allow any observers, not even the practitioners' families. The trial ended in only 20 minutes. Ms. Shen was sentenced to three years and six months in jail. She is currently in Xinxiang Women's Prison in Henan Province.

Family Destroyed

During the 11 years of the Chinese Communist Party's (CCP) persecution of Falun Gong, Mr. Yang Jianjun's family was destroyed, and his parents passed away. His father, Yang Xinya, also a practitioner, was arrested for explaining the facts about Falun Gong in 2003. He was detained in the Kaifeng Forced Labor Camp for one year and died in 2005. The hotel they rented for the funeral was surrounded by plainclothes police from the 610 Office. Police officers took photos secretly, even in the funeral home. Due to the police harassment, the family and their sick mother had to leave Kaifeng, leaving Mr. Yang's 21-year-old sister to make the funeral arrangements alone.

Mr. Yang's mother, Ms. Xing Xiuzhi, also a practitioner, was arrested when the police searched their home in Kaifeng in 2003. She was detained for one month, had a relapse of an old disease, and passed away in June 2006. An 80-year-old grandmother was left at home with nobody to take care of her.

Ms. Shen Yuehong's father passed away six months before she was arrested. Hit by this double blow, her mother had a relapse of heart disease.

Mr. Yang Jianjun's daughter, Yang Yifan, was born in 2006 and has lived in fear ever since. Her father was arrested when she was ten months old. Then her mother was taken to the brainwashing center. Afterwards, the family was forced to leave home and move frequently to avoid persecution. When she was two years old, her mother was arrested again and sentenced to jail, separating her from her mother. She witnessed the police viciously beat her parents. She cried and screamed, held her mother tightly, and wouldn't let go. She was traumatized after the police took her mother away. She was sent to live with her sick grandmother, who is in her 80s, in Hengchuan County.

Related article:

Chinese version available at