My 68-Year-Old Mother Receives "Military Education" in Guangdong Women's Jail (Photo)
(Clearwisdom.net) My 68-year-old mother Wang Xiuchao was sentenced to 4 years in prison in China because she practices Falun Gong. She is currently being forced to undergo brainwashing at the Guangdong Women's Prison, and the prison authorities refuse to allow her to see her relatives. Upon hearing that my mother now has high blood pressure, I was very anxious and called the prison. The following is my conversation with the prison personnel:
Question: How does the prison take care of elderly people like my mother?
Answer: We have a military or semi-military administration here.
Question: At what time do they get up?
Answer: 6:00-7:00 a.m.
Question: What do you usually have my mother do?
Answer: Watch TV, read the news and perform labor.
Question: What kind of labor?
Answer: (No answer)
Question: Did you force her to read materials that slander Falun Gong?
Answer: (Very vague answer)
Question: Do you have any special organization like the 610 Office to deal with Falun Gong practitioners in your prison?
Answer: No. (denied its existence)
I am very clear about my mother's health situation. Normally, she does not suffer from high blood pressure. If she indeed has it now, it must be related to the persecution she is suffering in jail. After practicing Falun Dafa, my mother changed from an ill-tempered chronically ill patient to a healthy and easy-going person. Because she persisted in practicing Falun Gong, my mother was arrested by personnel from the police department of Suixi County, Guangdong Province. After being detained for 5 months, she was sentenced to 4 years in prison in a closed-door trial on June 10, 2002. They did not even permit our relatives in the courtroom. Then she was sent to Shaoguan Jail and was later transferred to Guangdong Women's Prison, where she was forced to undergo brainwashing and was not allowed visits from family members.
Guangdong Women's Prison is located in Feilailing of Zhuliao Town, Baiyun District of Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province. Its facility currently covers more than 80,000 square meters, and cost 180 million yuan to build. Most of the police there are young, but under the poisonous brainwashing by the Jiang regime, they have become the vicious tools to persecute Falun Gong practitioners.
The following is a partial list of other Falun Gong practitioners known to be detained at the Guangdong Women's Prison:
- Ms. Lin Jieping, 40, a medical doctor from Jieyang, Guangdong. She refused to renounce her belief in Falun Dafa and suffered severe persecution in the prison. Every day she has to work with handcuffs on. The police forced her to perform heavy labor fit for a man from morning to evening. Some of the people who persecute Lin are wardens Chen Liqiong and Liu Yingni.
- Ms. Cai Hui, from Xichang, Jiedong. She was arrested in August 2001 and sentenced to 4 years in prison.
- Ms. Lin Shaofen, from Xichang, Jiedong. She was abducted by the police on September 15, 2002. She was later sentenced to 7 years in prison.
- Ms. Lin Lifen, from Quxi, Jiedong. Her home was ransacked in 2002, and later she was sentenced to 4 years in prison.
- Ms. Huang Chufang and Ms. Zhang Minhua, from Puning.
- Ms. Guo Qunhui and Ms. Huang Fangmei from Jiangmen. They were sentenced to 8 and 3 years respectively.
- Ms. Zhu Luoxin, from Liwan District of Guangzhou. She was arrested in December 2001, and on February 26, 2003 was transferred to Guangdong Women's Prison.
Guangdong Women's Prison is located at Feilailing, Daluo Village, Zhuliao Town, Baiyun District, Guangzhou.
Phone: 86-20-87413120, 86-20-87413069, 86-20-87413186, 86-20-87413113.
Head of the prison: Chen Yusheng, Vice director of the office: Zhang Zhiping.