(Clearwisdom.net) On July 22, 1999, when Jiang's regime first started its persecution of Falun Gong, Wang Xinmin, head of the Political and Judiciary Committee, and his subordinates detained and brutally tortured dozens of Falun Dafa practitioners from Yuhe Township, Weifang City, Shandong Province. In October 1999, all 106 Falun Gong practitioners in Yuhe were forced to pay a fine of 600 yuan [500 yuan is equal to the average monthly salary of an urban worker in China].

On April 10, 2000, I went Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was arrested by the Beijing police. The Yuhe police took me back to the local police station, where the newly appointed head of the Political and Judiciary Committee, Chu Yongsheng, and his assistant, Chen Yonghua, used two rubber clubs to beat me violently. As a result, both of my legs were badly injured and were swollen and covered with dark bruises. I had difficulty walking. After the torture, they detained me at a detention center for 15 days.

On April 24, 2000, because I refused to give up Falun Gong, the local police took me back from the detention center and continued to torture me. They forced me to sit on the ground with my legs stretched out straight in front of me. Then they used wet towels to whip my eyes until my eyes were swollen and I was in great pain. As if that were not enough, they also hit my face with a shoe until my face was covered with blood. Then, another 6 or 7 men came in, and they gathered around me and punched and kicked me. After that, Chu Yongsheng took me to another room to continue the torture. His accomplices forced me to sit on a stool. They pulled my shirt all the way up and removed my pants so that my back and legs were revealed. Chu Yongsheng sat on a chair next to me and hit me with a rubber stick repeatedly from the neck to the legs. When I tried to stand up, someone punched my neck from behind. Several people jumped up and hit me so hard that I fell to the ground and could not move. They poured cold water on my face. Chu said, "Don't worry, he's faking death. Let's kill him."

In the afternoon, the former head of the Political and Judiciary Committee, Wang Xinmin, arrived. He was even more violent and cruel. He tortured me for the whole afternoon. In the evening, my family members came to see me. Wang told them that I gone insane after practicing Falun Gong and hit myself. They even savagely kicked my head and face in front of my elder sister. Horrified, my sister protected my head with her arms, begging Wang to stop. He refused and pushed her outside the room. He then yelled to his subordinates to bring in needles to further torture me.

Policeman Chen Yonghua brought in a steel needle and a teacup. Chen and Wang forced my hands behind the chair. They used the bottom of the teacup to force the needle into my fingertips under the nails. Wang also burned my fingers with a cigarette. Instantly, blisters developed on my fingers. The pain was beyond description. Before they finished the torture, Wang punched me on the neck with a sudden jab that almost knocked me out. Wang then picked up a broom fiber and stuck it into my nostril and twisted it around until my nose started to bleed. Under my family's strong requests, they agreed to let me go home temporarily. At this time, I was very weak. Whenever I moved, I would feel dizzy and wanted to vomit. I had no strength even to stand up.

On the next day, while I was still too weak to get up off the bed, the police came again and took me to Yuhe Township. Chu Yongsheng ordered me to pay 13,000 yuan to cover the cost for arresting me in Beijing and bringing me back to detention. I told him that I didn't have the money. They detained me 15 days and forced me to do heavy labor.

In May 2000, Dafa practitioners Li Lingyun, Li Lanying and Chen Shubin, who had been to Beijing to appeal, were also brought here. They too suffered all kinds of tortures.

At the end of September 2000, over a dozen practitioners were brutally tortured at the same time. Practitioner Xuan Chengxi from Yuhe Township was tortured to death during this time.

The above is my personal experience. I witnessed everything and am willing to serve as a plaintiff in a court of law, to bring the chief perpetrators of the persecution to justice.

The main offenders in Yuhe Township are Chu Yongsheng and Wang Xinmin.

Guo Handong: Head of the Yuhe Judicial Department, 86-536-8169148 (Office)

Yuhe Police Station, 86-536-8169585; (Former heads are Li Xuejun and Zang Wei)

Yuhe Township Comprehensive Management Office, 86-536- 8169148

March 4, 2004