Righteous Thoughts and Righteous Actions

The Righteous Thoughts And Righteous Actions Of A Falun Gong Practitioner In Longshan Education Center And Masanjia Education Center In Liaoning Province:

I am 63 years old. I went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in October 1999. I handed an appeal letter to the guard at Zhongnanhai and I was arrested and detained that same day. Since then I have been sent by force to mental hospitals, Longshan Education Center, and Masanjia Labor Education Center. My term is still not up. At Mansanjia I was often dragged out for brutal beatings, even given a concussion. I vomited heavily. My hands and feet were numb. Later I got scabies all over my body and there were pus and blood all over my body. My skin was black and there were cuts on my hands. Every day, with my wounded hands, I scratched my body. The police did not allow me to take a shower. But whenever they slandered Falun Gong I would tell them the true situation. I was locked up in a small ward and was forced to sit on a "tiger bench" (a kind of torture, please see illustration on http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html). At that time the scabies were very itchy and painful. I bit my teeth and thought that I had to tolerate this, that I am a practitioner. Four days later I was released from the small ward and was sent to the hospital for a medical exam. The diagnosis showed that I had cardiac ischemia and I could die at any time. I was sent home without having to serve my full sentence. The scabies quickly disappeared and I have recovered now, reentering the current of Fa-rectification.

Facts of the Persecution

1. I am a Falun Gong practitioner in Changchun City, Jilin Province. On February 18, 2000, I went to Beijing to appeal for the second time and was sent back and detained at Dehui City Detention Center in Jilin Province. The supervisor did not allow me to sleep and ordered the criminals to beat us. We went on a hunger strike and were brutally force-fed. 41 days later I was transferred to Heizuizi Labor Camp in Changchun City and was forced to do an overload of work. On May 15, 2001, I went to Beijing to appeal and was transferred to the local detention center. I went on a hunger strike and was only released when I was in critical condition.

2. An elderly Falun Gong practitioner tells of the persecution his family has suffered: Because I insist on practicing Falun Gong, I was illegally detained many times and my home was searched. My wife was illegally detained. My son was kidnapped and was sent to a brainwashing class and was brutally beaten and tortured. My wife's and my retirement pensions were stopped in January 2000. My son was dismissed from work. Our economic source was cut off and our relatives were also involved.

3. I am a Falun Gong practitioner from Jinlin Province. Practicing Falun Gong has benefited my whole family. In February 2000, I went to Beijing to appeal and was illegally arrested on the way. I was brutally beaten and physically abused. My wife was arrested two times and was later sent to Heizuizi Labor Camp for one year of forced labor. She is still being held.

4. For three years I suffered various kinds of persecutions from Jiang's regime for practicing Falun Gong and was illegally detained many times. I suffered serious beatings and physical abuse. I was force-fed. My salary has been withheld since July 20, 1999. Till now not even one cent has been paid. My spouse was also detained and was sent to a brainwashing class for persecution. To avoid the persecution from the vicious forces my spouse left home and is wandering about. Currently, only my 11-year-old son is at home and is suffering pains he should not have to bear.

Rescue Charles Li

On March 5th the California Car Tour Team to Rescue Charles Li arrived at Fresno. Practitioners visited the offices of two senators. The assistant of one senator said that they were drafting a letter to Secretary of State Colin Powell, asking him to help rescue Charles. On our way we met many kind people who responded by signing our petition. When we passed a school one female fellow practitioner clarified the truth to the students and collected signatures. Everyone in the class signed their names. That day practitioners collected hundreds of signatures. Since January 22nd when Charles Li was arrested, "Friends of Charles" has collected over 10,000 signatures. The local newspaper, Fresno Bee, interviewed the rescue team and did a report. The California Car Tour Team to Rescue Charles Li will continue to the south.

Central News Agency (Taiwan) reported on March 7 (in Chinese):

Today and tomorrow Falun Gong practitioners from Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and the Greater Philadelphia Area start a van trip from Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts to Washington DC, to urgently rescue American citizen and Falun Gong practitioner Charles Li who is presently detained in China. They will hold a large-scale rally in Washington D.C, appealing to the State Department to help rescue him.