The Facts of How the Shibalihe Forced Labor Camp for Women in Zhengzhou City, Henan Province Persecutes Dafa Practitioners
- From the end of December 2001 to the beginning of January 2002, more than
100 female Dafa practitioners in the forced labor camp have been tortured by
Tying the Ropes [The police tie up the practitioner with a thin
rope, circle the rope around her neck, and tie her hands behind her back. Then
the police would use all the force they could muster to tighten the rope. The
rope becomes tighter and tighter around the body of the practitioner, and
makes it more and more difficult for her to breathe. The pain is so intense
that the practitioner sometimes loses control of her bladder. There are
instances when the rope was tightened enough to break a practitioner's arm].
Among them are elderly ladies in their sixties, and young girls aged 18 and 19
years old. Dafa practitioners in the third squadron endured the most
persecution, which involved all the police and guards in the forced labor
The people directly responsible and organizers are:
Manager Wu Hongru (police no. 4143001), Manager Gao (police no. 4147002)
Zhou Xiaohong (4143062), Wang Yan (4143003), Zhang Xiuhua (4143007)
The involved police officers include: the administration section police officer, the education section police officer, the security branch police officer and the chief of every squadron. The third squadron police officers include Jia Meili (police no. 4143083), Ren Yuanfang (4143059), Ji Jianmin (4143061), Hu Zhaoxia (4143123), Wang Nan (4143127), Han Jixin, Zhang Hui (4143024), Wang Lan, Cui Ying, Zhang Lei, Hu Lina, Guo Suxia, Mao etc.
The policemen tied up Dafa practitioners with ropes and kicked them. Some practitioners' arms were full of ropes, and the police officer even pulled the ropes upwards. Another practitioner was tied up, supported by a stick and burned with a cigarette. After having finished tying the practitioners up with ropes, the production chief, Ji Jianmin, would set the production tasks for Dafa practitioners. Many practitioners' hands and feet were still numb after being tied with the ropes, so they could not complete their production tasks. Police officer Ji Jianmin said they were slack in their work and threatened to tie them up. In March 2002, Han Fulan was tied up with ropes for three consecutive days and nights by male police officer Zhang for practicing the Falun Gong exercises.
- Police officers of the third squadron, Hu Zhaoxia, Wang Nan and others ordered drug addicts Chen Min and others to beat and swear at Dafa practitioners Han Fulan, Xue Rujun and others. When some Dafa practitioners exposed this violent behavior to the police officer, the officers secretly ordered the drug addicts and other detainees in the labor camp to persecute Dafa practitioners. In order to gain the admiration of police officers, all drug addicts brutally tortured Dafa practitioners.
- On May 24, 2002, the third squadron police officers Jia Meili, Ren Yuanfang, Wang Nan, Hu Zhaoxia, and Han Jixin teamed up with other policemen, called 15 Dafa practitioners out without any reason, and formed an intensive class. They forced 15 practitioners to do military training in the sun in temperatures of about 37, 38 degrees C (about 100F), forced them to sing, fold the block quilt and watch videos that slandered Dafa. If practitioners could not do any of those things well, or if their positions were not correct, or they did not do it, they would be punished by being forced to stand in the sun for a long time, half-squatting and tied up with ropes. Those practitioners were Chen Lijun, Han Fulan, Song Fengxian, Yang Aiqin, Qiao Rongxu, Li Xiurong, Jin (Jing) Jianqiu, Zhou Hongying, Zhang Baoju, Wang Hongxia, Wang Aifang etc. Wang Aifang was brutally tortured by policemen Zhang Hui and Ma Lan for refusing to watch a video that slandered Dafa; then the police asked drug addicts Haihong and others to persecute Wang Aifang. A few days later, Haihong tortured Wang Aifang in front of Ji Jianmin in the office, Wang Aifang immediately exposed her violent behavior to the police, but Ji Jianmin said: "I did not see it." On May 24, Zhang Baoju, one of the practitioners that was forced to do military training told people the truth of the Tiananmen Square self-immolation event. Policemen Jia Meili, Hu Zhaoxia, Ren Yuanfang, being scared of others learning the truth of the self-immolation, locked Zhang Baoju in a "small cell," and asked the drug addicts to watch her and read to her a book that slandered Dafa. Every time they read it to her, the third squadron chief Jia Meili would force Zhang Baoju to write her understanding. She refused to write, so Jia Meili threatened her many times and did not allow her to sleep until 2 a.m. in the morning. Policewoman Hu Zhaoxia, would talk to Zhang Baoju until 2 a.m. every time she was on duty, in order to keep her from sleeping. In the forced labor camp, policemen do not allow practitioners to close their eyes during their break in the workshop at daytime; they also do not allow practitioners to close their eyes when sitting in bed at night. Otherwise the police would loudly scold them or threaten them with being tied up with ropes and extending the detention period. Police arranged the drug addicts to watch Dafa practitioners 24 hours a day.
- In May, policemen of the third squadron Jia Meili, Ren Yuanfang, Hu Zhaoxia, Ji Jianmin, Wang Nan, Han Jixin etc. extended the detention period of more than ten Dafa practitioners. Among them, the sentences of Wang Xiaodong (4 months), Xu Yunpu, Xu Bishan, Wei Guirong and Su E were extended for (3 months).
- At the end of May, the forced labor camp installed four loudspeakers, and nearly every day the pre-recorded broadcast slandered Dafa in order to poison people in the forced labor camp and the construction laborers outside. In June and July, many practitioners from the first, second, and fourth squadrons clarified the facts to police officers in the forced labor camp, and requested them to stop the broadcast. They did not listen and became more irrational. To resist the evil, some practitioners protested by refusing to work, count off, and by conducting a hunger strike. The police tied up those practitioners with ropes; they include: Cai Qiao, Yang Chunlan, Zhang Hanwen etc. Zhang Hanwen's leg was broken from the torture by police officer Chen Lanying and security forces. Now Zhang Hanwen has been separated and is not allowed to be seen.
- In March 2002, Dafa practitioner Zheng Hongxia was released from the forced labor camp. She was taken back by her workplace, local police station, and the "610 Office" [An agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems]. When she arrived at the local area, she was directly sent to a detention center and has not been home. On May 1, she was illegally sent to a forced labor camp for 3 years.
- Policemen in the forced labor camp often confiscate food and necessities sent by Dafa practitioners' families.
(For a detailed description for the forms of torture used in forced labor camps,