March 14, 2002


  1. He Qinghui, male, 34. He went to Beijing in September 1999 to rectify Dafa and was illegally arrested by the police. He was handcuffed and later sent back to the police station in Qing County, Hebei province. There, he was handcuffed to a bed for a whole day and night. He was also interrogated and held in the detention center for one month. The detention center forced these arrested Falun Gong practitioners to line up, walk in squares, and run laps.
  2. On one occasion, the police found He Qinghui doing the exercises and forced him to stand with his head pressing against the wall while beating him with leather tubes. After one month of detention, the police began to hold brainwashing classes and detained him for another half month. In order to force him to give up his belief in "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," the police locked him up with criminals. On the ninth day, under the police's order, the criminals began to use all kinds of torture on him. He was forced to do hard labor everyday. During that time, the "610" office [Note: The "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems] threatened to increase his sentence at the labor camp. They forced his family members to beat him, curse him, and deceived his mother and other family members. The detention center forced his family members try to force him to give up the practice by pretending to take drastic measures such as drinking poison or committing suicide. However, they were not successful. After three months of being held by the police, he was then held in a detention center for over 8 months and forced to do hard labor.

    In August 2000, He Qinghui was transferred to the police station in Wangzhao Village to continue the brainwashing class. Caisi Township arranged for two people to monitor him. One of them was Wang Xingchen from the judicial branch of Caosi Township, who is known for persecuting several other Falun Gong practitioners. One day after Wang was drunk, he began to beat up He Qinghui. He told He Qinghui that he practiced boxing before and wanted to see who was stronger. This person beat He Qinghui severely, mostly hitting him in his face and eyes. He's ear was bleeding, and his face was swollen. A few days later, while He Qinghui was doing the exercises, two policemen dragged him to the restroom and made him practice there. The next day around noontime, smelling of alcohol, Wang Xingchen began to curse and beat He Qinghui again. Seeing that it didn't have any result, he pushed some cloth into He's mouth and slammed a thermos bottle on He's head. However, it still didn't have any result. One police officer finally persuaded Wang Xingchen to leave.

    Later, He Qinghui was transferred to Caosi Township and kept there for nearly 20 days. He then started a hunger strike in protest. On the night of the fourth day, two policemen Liu and Wang from Wangzhao village went to He Qinghui's home and told him that the leaders wanted to talk with him. After being turned down, they asked "610" officers, other policemen and people from the police station of Caosi township to go to He's home. He Qinghui asked them whether he was going to be detained, and their answer was only that he should follow them. Thus, He Qinghui was sent to the detention center in Qing County. There, He Qinghui held another hunger strike. Under the orders of the political officer Ma Qinghui, the criminals in the cell began to beat him, force-fed him, and tortured him in other ways. He Qinghui was released after nine days.

  3. Tang Weixuan, female, 36. On July 19, 1999, according to the rights given by the constitution, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong and was illegally detained for 9 days.

    On September 8, 1999, she went to Beijing again to appeal for Falun Gong. On her way back home, she was arrested by the police on the train at around midnight. She was handcuffed and brought back to the police station in Qing County, where they kept her handcuffed until noon the next day. During that time, the police didn't give her anything to eat or drink and wouldn't allow her to go to sleep. Later on, she was held at the detention center. On the detention notice it was written the length of her detention was one month. However, they didn't release her at the end of the detention period and continued to hold her illegally.

    During her time in the detention center, the officers there ordered the criminals to curse, beat, and torture Tang Weixuan. The methods they used were pressing her head against the wall, handcuffing, standing against the wall for long periods of time, long periods of running, etc. Once, she was forced to run for over 9 hours because she insisted on doing the exercises. Later on in Caosi Township, under the leadership of Gao Yongcai and Wang Xingchen, they held so-called brainwashing classes. She even had to ask for permission to go to the restroom.

    As a citizen, her basic human rights were deprived. The political and security department extorted from her 1000 Yuan. At the end of 2000, the police at Wang Zhao village went to her home and deceived Wang Weixuan by saying that they wanted her to go to the Township government to have a talk. This resulted in her being sent to the detention center. The political and security department asked for cash in the amount of 1500 Yuan. After she was released, Tang Weixuan was monitored and watched all the time, which made it hard for her to live a regular daily life and disrupted the lives of her neighbors.

  4. He Chunfang, female, 36. Before she practiced Falun Dafa, she suffered from all kinds of illnesses. In 1996, she had an operation for breast cancer. After the operation, she had to live with taking medication everyday. After obtaining Dafa in 1998, all the symptoms disappeared, and she gave birth to a baby boy. In July 19, 1999, in order to clarify that Dafa is good by using her personal experience, she carried her baby and went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. She was arrested and later sent back home.

    On September 8, 1999, she went to Beijing again to appeal for Falun Gong and clarify the truth to the government. On the night when she arrived home, at around 11 p.m., the village cadre He Baolai, Gao Yongcai and Wang Xingchen and others came to her home. They took her to the township and put her under house arrest. She was followed even when she went to the restroom.

    Without any legal procedures, this group of evil people took He Chunfang to the police station and transferred her to the detention center, where they illegally held her for more than 15 days. Her family was not notified, and her infant was left without her mother. During the time of detention, the police ordered criminals to drag He Chunfang to run and walk in squares. If she did it too slowly, she would be viciously abused. Except while eating and drinking water, she was not allowed to rest or sleep for several days. Both of her legs were in great pain, and she could not walk at all. She got up at night to do the exercises and was found out by the police. They began shouting and abusing her. At that time, it was already after midnight and very cold outside. The policemen put handcuffs on her and pushed her against the wall, and then forced her to run around the yard for up to nine hours. The police ordered the criminals to supervise her in two-hour shifts and would not let her stop. They would not let her stop even when she could not walk anymore and could only support herself with her hands. In such a bad condition, the police still forced her to walk around the well and wouldn't allow her to stop. Both her body and mind suffered greatly. Even going through such tribulation, aided by the power of Dafa, her legs recovered after a few days.

    On October 19, 1999, Caosi Township held a so-called brainwashing class, and the evil group lead by Gao Yongcai and Wang Xingchen used all kinds of inhuman methods to abuse Dafa practitioners everyday. Especially after the perpetrators were drunk, Dafa practitioners would meet with even worse treatment. They were forced to stay inside the yard and not allowed to go home. They forced He Chunfang to mop the floor, clean the windows, and wash clothes by hand, etc. On those very cold nights, they were not allowed to go to sleep. Their methods were extremely cruel!

    By the end of 2000, the police branch at Wang Zhao Village went to He Chunfang's home and took her away without going through any legal procedures. The political and security department demanded cash in the amount of 1000 Yuan. Her family had no other choice and was forced to borrow money from other people. Even after she returned home, He Chunfang still didn't have any personal freedom, as the police placed her under strict surveillance.

Here, we appeal to all kind-hearted people, please be awakened! Please remember: it is a universal law that "Good will be rewarded with good, and evil with evil." We ask people to consider the consequences of their actions carefully.

Perpetrators of the persecution: Gao Yongcai, Wang Xingchen

The government office of Caosi Township, Qing county, Hebei province: 0317-4061019

Judicial Department: 86-371-4061099

Police Branch: 86-371-4061059

Detention Center: 86-371-4022220