Mr. Wang Wenju was an English teacher at the Tanggou Middle School, Xiuyan County, Liaoning Province. He started practicing Falun Dafa in 2004. He was arrested when he discussed the truth about Falun Data in his class and was sentenced to three years in prison. The persecution continued after he was sent to Shenyang Prison on March 20, 2005. Later he was transferred to the Nanhuayuan Prison in Fushun City. In prison, he did not cooperate with the police who were persecuting him, so they beat him. He was sent to the hospital on April 25, 2005, and died as a result of the torture on April 27.

The inmates in his cell said that Mr. Wang was very steadfast in practicing Falun Dafa. He clarified the truth and promoted Dafa to everyone he met. In his cell, two prisoners became very clear about the truth and began to practice with Mr. Wang. His greatest concern was that other inmates and people everywhere know the truth that Falun Dafa practitioners are good people. The inmates expressed that how Mr. Wang was treated was unfair.

In order to prevent Mr. Wang from practicing and declaring that Falun Dafa is good, the police sealed his mouth with duct tape and made him wear leg shackles and handcuffs. Mr. Wang started a hunger fast to protest his imprisonment and how he was treated. He was violently force-fed many times and handcuffed with his arms raised such that he could neither stand nor squat. During the four months of his imprisonment in the Xiuyan Detention Center, he became very weak because of the persecution. The police didn't release him. Instead, they took the opportunity to extort money from his family many times, seeing that they were very eager to obtain his release. Without having a public trial, the court secretly tried Mr. Wang and sentenced him to three years in prison. At the end of March 2005, they sent him to the Shenyang Prison and continued his persecution. Later he was transferred to the Nanhuayuan Prison in Fushun City. He didn't cooperate with the police, so they beat him severely. He was sent to the hospital on April 25, 2005, and died from the torture on April 27.

When Mr. Wang's family rushed to the hospital, he had already succumbed to the torture and died. The hospital did not acknowledge any responsibility, saying that he died of gastric acid poisoning from his long-term fasting. The prison closed the case after paying a 2,000 yuan internment fee to the family.