(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Xie Guiying, a thirty year old Falun Dafa practitioner, was a tax officer at Tianjiaan District, Huainan City, Anhui Province. She was arrested by the police on the night of September 18, 2000 because she refused to write the statement renouncing Falun Gong. The following day, her family was notified of her death at the Chaoyang Police Substation of Tianjiaan District in Huinan City. The police claimed that she had committed suicide to escape punishment.

Xie Guiying started practicing Falun Gong in 1994. In July 1999, Jiang's regime started a severe persecution of Falun Gong. Xie Guiying went to Beijing to appeal in mid December 1999. She lost her freedom when she carefully filled out a form entitled "registry of Falun Gong practitioners' appeal." She was sent back to Huainan, where she was detained for fifteen days for the crime of "disturbing social security." At the end of the term, she still refused to write a statement renouncing Falun Gong. She was detained for another fifteen days, and was fined three thousand Yuan. The public security officers used the money and refused to grant a receipt.

To avoid being implicated and pressured, Xie Guiying's workplace was forced to dismiss her. Ms. Xie's husband, unwilling to be implicated and punished, divorced her. On the so-called sensitive day of April 25, 2000, two Falun Gong practitioners came to visit Xie Guiying. They were all arrested by the surveillance people arranged by the public security bureau, and charged with "gathering."

This time, Xie Guiying went on hunger strike to protest her detainment. The public security bureau was heavily pressured to release her before May 4, 2000. A week later she was arrested and imprisoned at Huinan City No. 2 Labor Camp for one hundred and seventeen days.

Twice, she suffered one month of shackling for doing some movements of the exercises. She was forced to walk in circles around the courtyard dragging 20 kilograms of shackles, while being pushed from behind with batons and sticks. The flesh on her ankles was torn and bloody, and every step left a red stain on the floor.

On September 4, 2000, Xie Guiying was suddenly released from the labor camp with the ambiguous designation of "waiting to be interrogated on bail." After two weeks, the public security officers again took her away for no reason at all. Xie Guiying tried urgently to protest, and called out for help. Many neighbors saw that she was pushed, pulled by her hair, and dragged to the police van by the police. The next day, her family received a notice claiming that she had committed suicide by jumping from the building that night. Her mother did not believe she could have committed suicide, as they saw that Xie Guiying was taken away by a group of policemen. With so many policemen closely watching over her in the police station, what chance could she have to commit suicide? Nonetheless, the police reported that Xie Guiying committed suicide to escape punishment, and the public security bureau gave her family 5,000 Yuan for compensation.

As we still do not know the true circumstances of Xie Guiying's death, we continue with a thorough investigation of the parties directly and indirectly responsible.