(Minghui.org) A Yiyang City, Hunan Province resident is facing another prison sentence, for appealing the previous two terms he was given for his faith in Falun Gong.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Mr. Mo Qibing was arrested on November 20, 2021, for mailing appeals to the Ziyang District Procuratorate and Ziyang District Court, only five months after he was released from a previous 3.5-year prison term.

The Ziyang District Court indicted him and moved his case to the Ziyang District Court. He was also charged with mailing 50 letters to government agencies to clarify the facts about Falun Gong. He was tried through a virtual hearing at the detention center on April 14, 2022, and is now awaiting the verdict.

Mr. Mo, an IT professional, has been given two labor camp terms and sentenced to prison twice for upholding his faith since he started to practice Falun Gong in 2008. The total time he was incarcerated was seven years and six months.

Mr. Mo was first arrested on March 7, 2011, for urging the officials of the 610 Office in Taojiang County, Hunan Province to stop persecuting Falun Gong. He was later given one year at the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp.

He was arrested again only four days after he was released, while visiting a practitioner, when the police were ransacking that practitioner’s home. After 15 days of detention, he was given a 15-month term at the Xinkaipu Forced Labor Camp. Due to his physical condition, the guards refused to accept him and he was then released.

Mr. Mo was arrested again on April 29, 2013, while talking to people at the Changsha City Train Station. He was sentenced to three years at the Wangling Prison in late 2013.

After Mr. Mo was released in 2016, he moved to Ningbo, where he had previously opened an IT company, to find a job. He was arrested a year later on December 14, 2017, and sentenced to 3.5 years on March 21, 2019, for spreading a notice issued by the China Administration of Press and Publication that lifted the ban on the publication of Falun Gong books.

Guards at the Haishu Detention Center ordered the inmates to take turns beating him. Despite the cold weather and the lack of heat in the cell, the guards soaked Mr. Mo’s clothes at night and kept him handcuffed and shackled while sleeping.

After he was taken to the Zhejiang Province No. 2 Prison on April 16, 2019, the guards repeatedly shocked him with electric batons, on his neck, tongue, private part, and legs.

When he was released on June 13, 2021, instead of allowing him to go home, the authorities held him at a brainwashing center for 18 days. The police also refused to issue him a new ID after he was released from the brainwashing center, causing him tremendous difficulty in finding a job.

Perpetrators’ contact information:
Cui Shan (崔山), presiding judge of Ziyang District Court: +86-737-2770528
Yao Jianqing (姚建青), prosecutor of Ziyang District Procuratorate: +86-737-2672103Huang Daoan (黄道安), secretary of Yiyang City Political and Legal Affairs Committee: +86-737-3337733, +86-19873731288Chen Tiejun (陈铁军), secretary of Ziyang District Political and Legal Affairs Committee: +86-13973723282

(More perpetrators’ contact information is available in the original Chinese article.)

Related reports:

IT Professional Shocked on the Tongue by Electric Batons and Forced to Strip Naked While Imprisoned for His Faith

Yiyang Police from Hunan Province Arrest Dozens of Falun Gong Practitioners in May 2013