(Minghui.org) An 81-year-old woman in Kunming City, Yunnan Province had her home ransacked on March 12, 2021, for the ninth time since the persecution of Falun Gong started in July 1999. Four days later, on March 16, Ms. Han Junyi was put under house arrest. She is now facing trial for an indictment issued against her last year.

Latest Persecution

When Ms. Han returned home on the evening of March 12 after being out for a day, she found some of her personal belongings missing, including a few Falun Gong books on the coffee table in the living room, another 50 books in the closet in the bedroom, her Falun Gong related materials, and the verdicts of her previous prison sentence for practicing Falun Gong that she kept under her DVD player. Yet her door and lock remained intact.

Ms. Han remembered that a police officer Liao had found her on March 6 and told her to stay at home, because the police might want to talk to her. Ms. Han refused to comply and said there is no way for her to stay at home just to wait for them, as she would still need to go about her life.

It was clear to her that it was the police who had ransacked her home on March 12 when she went out.

Indicted in 2020

A similar home ransacking incident had happened on November 23, 2019, when her front door remained locked, but every room was in a mess and all her Falun Gong books, related materials, and the photo of Falun Gong’s founder were gone.

On July 9, 2020, Ms. Han was charged with “undermining law enforcement through a cult organization,” a standard pretext used to criminalize Falun Gong practitioners by the Chinese authorities.

Ms. Han filed a complaint against the police in late July 2020 for ransacking her home without a search warrant and the prosecutor for indicting her without a legal basis.

Repeated Arrests in the Past Two Decades

In the past 21 years, Ms. Han has been repeatedly arrested and detained for upholding her faith. She was held at brainwashing centers twice, given one year of forced labor in 2003, and sentenced to three years twice, in 2005 and 2008.

While incarcerated at the Yunnan Province No. 2 Women’s Prison, she was forced to sit on a small stool without moving for 14 hours every day, which caused her buttocks to fester, ooze pus, and later be covered with thick calluses.

The guards only allowed her to use the restroom four times each day. They also gave her very limited water to drink and limited her showers to once a week. She wasn’t allowed to talk to others or contact her family. She was also subjected to brainwashing and other abuses aimed at forcing her to renounce her faith.

Torture reenactment: sitting on a small stool

Related reports:

80-Year-Old Woman Indicted for Her Faith Files Complaints Against Police and Prosecutor for Persecuting Her

Torture Used in Yunnan No. 2 Women's Prison—Sitting on a Small Stool

Chinese version available

Category: Accounts of Persecution