Additional Persecution News from China – September 11, 2020 (27 Reports)
(Minghui.org) Today's news from China includes incidents of persecution that took place in 23 cities or counties in 12 provinces, where at least 54 practitioners were recently persecuted for their belief.
1. [Nongan County, Jilin Province] Ms. Cai Yuying and Ms. Yu Jiaoru Formally Arrested2. [Huanghua City, Hebei Province] Five practitioners Face Trial3. [Qionglai City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Luo Yuying Sentenced Two Years in Jail.4. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Sheng Lianying’s Case Sent to Procuratorate5. [Ningxiang City, Hunan Province] Five Practitioners Arrested6. [Guilin City, Guangxi Province] Mr. Li Yikun’s Whereabouts Unknown7. [Gulin County, Sichuan Province] Four Practitioners Harassed8. [Chongqing City] Ms. Ma Yixian Harassed9. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Deling Arrested10. [Gongzhuling City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Baoyun Harassed11. [Dandong City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Dong Yuhuan Harassed12. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Cui Xiuqin Beaten and Followed13. [Beijing City] Mr. Li Zongze and Mr. Li Lixin Detained14. [Heihe City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Guifang Harassed15. [Yongkang City, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Shi Mengqiao Faces Second Hearing16. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Chen Yuqing Sent to Brainwashing Center17. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Li Jiaxiu Arrested18. [Gongzhuling City, Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Chunjing Harassed19. [Penglai City, Shandong Province] Six Practitioners Harassed20. [Xi’an City, Shaanxi Province] Additional Information on the Arrests of Mr. Zhang Huixia and Ms. Xue Yingying21. [Shanghai] Ms. Wang Meihua Arrested22. [Fuzhou City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Xia Jiping and Four of Her Family Members Harassed23. [Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Tao Mingjin Harassed24. [Nong’an County, Jilin Province] Ms. Sun Xiuying Detained and Mr. Jiang Quande Passed Away Due to Persecution25. [Renqiu City, Hebei Province] Ms. Cui Lanqin Arrested26. [Shanghai] Mr. Huang Naiwei Harassed Repeatedly27. [Guang’an City, Sichuan Province] Eight Practitioners and Their Families Harassed
1. [Nong’an County, Jilin Province] Ms. Cai Yuying and Ms. Yu Jiaoru Formally Arrested
Ms. Cai Yuying and her daughter Ms. Yu Jiaoru were arrested on July 15, 2020. Their family received the arrest notices on August 22.
2. [Huanghua City, Hebei Province] Five practitioners Face Trial
Five practitioners including Ms. Wu Jinyan, Mr. Wang Deyou, Ms. Dai Guiqing, Ms. Feng Jingqiao, and Mr. Zhuang Zixue, will be tried in the Huanghua City Court at 9 a.m. on September 11, 2020.
3. [Qionglai City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Luo Yuying Sentenced to Two Years in Jail
Police from the Qionglai Domestic Security Division ransacked Ms. Luo Yuying’s home on February 21, 2020. They took away 79 Dafa books, as well as some truth-clarifying materials and DVDs. She was under house arrest at that time due to the pandemic lockdown.
Ms. Luo Yuying was informed in early August that she was going to have a court hearing at 9:30 a.m., on August 13. After the trial, she was sentenced to two years in jail and was fined 3000 yuan. She is detained in the Dayi County Detention Center and is now appealing her case.
4. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Sheng Lianying’s Case Sent to Procuratorate
Ms. Sheng Lianying was arrested on May 20, 2020 by police from the Ganjingzi Police Station when she talked to people about Falun Gong. The detention center refused to take her due to her poor health. She was placed under house arrest.
Her son was informed by the Ganjingzi Police Station in early August that her case was sent to the procuratorate and she was requested to come and sign the paperwork at the police station.
5. [Ningxiang City, Hunan Province] Five Practitioners Arrested
Mr. Peng Liang, his wife Ms. He Qingling, and their non-practitioner son were arrested by police from the Baimaqiao Police Station on the morning of September 1, 2020. Their home was ransacked and their personal properties including their Dafa books, PC and cell phones were taken away. Their son was released that night but was threatened and told not to tell anyone. Mr. Peng Liang and Ms. He Qingling were detained in the Ningxiang City Detention House. Ms. He Qingling was released home on September 7.
Ms. Xiao Ruiqiong and Ms. Zhu Chuxia were arrested near their homes around 5 p.m., on September 1, 2020. Their homes were ransacked by police and their personal properties including Dafa books, Minghui Weekly, PCs, cell phones, USB flash drives and players were seized. They were first taken to the Yutan Town Police Station. Ms. Xiao Ruiqiong was released home that evening because of her poor health. Ms. Zhu Chuxia was released home the next day for the same reason.
Mr. Yin Weibin was arrested on the afternoon of September 5 at the private clinic where he worked. His home was ransacked.
6. [Guilin City, Guangxi Autonomous Region] Mr. Li Yikun’s Whereabouts Unknown
Mr. Li Yikun and his parents were harassed multiple times by police from the Xiangshan District Politic and Legal Affairs Committee and local police stations in mid-to-late August 2020. Mr. Li Yikun later disappeared and his current whereabouts are unknown.
7. [Gulin County, Sichuan Province] Four Practitioners Harassed
Two policemen from the Dacun Police Station broke into Mr. Luo Qingshen’s home on August 25, 2020. They seized the large amount of truth-clarifying materials on the table. Mr. Luo was taken to the Gulin County Procuratorate and was interrogated. He refused to tell where he got the materials or where he was going to distribute them. He was interrogated for one hour. When the police demanded that he sign the two transcript pages, he refused.
Residential community staff including Chen Ermei came to the home of nearly-80-year-old Ms. Han Biqin. They questioned whether she still practiced Falun Gong. They wrote many things on a paper and told her to sign it. She refused to sign her signature but instead wrote down the words, “Falun Dafa is good; Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.”
In late August 2020, the director of the residential community Hu Xianwu and four others came to the home of Ms. Chen Qizhen who was nearly 80 years old. They tried to make her sign on the so-called “guarantee statement”. They threatened they would come every month until she signed. She firmly refused their demands.
In late August 2020, the person in charge of the household registration came to Mr. Zhang Xingming’s home to check his residency and took some photos.
8. [Chongqing] Ms. Ma Yixian Harassed
Ms. Ma Yixian was harassed on September 8, 2020, by people from the Xiejiawan Residential Community in the Jiulongpo District, and the Xiejiawan Police Station including officer Zhang Desheng. They checked whether she still practiced Falun Gong. They threatened to report her to higher authorities if she did, and to harass her every day. They demanded that Ms. Ma sign on a paper which she refused.
9. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] Ms. Liu Deling Arrested
Ms. Liu Deling was arrested on June 22, 2020, by officers from the Zhutai Police Station in Linzi District because she talked to people about Falun Gong. She was released home the same day.
10. [Gongzhuling City, Jilin Province] Ms. Zhang Baoyun Harassed
The deputy of Daling Town Police Station and one policeman came to Ms. Zhang Boayun’s home to harass her. They demanded to know if she still practiced Falun Gong and how long she practiced. They wanted her cell phone number and took photos of her and her husband.
11. [Dandong City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Dong Yuhuan Harassed
Two officers from the Taiping Police Station came to Ms. Dong Yuhuan’s home on the morning of September 7, 2020. They requested Ms. Dong sign the so-called “guaranteed statement”. After she refused, one officer threatened that the head of the police station would come to “visit” her.
12. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Cui Xiuqin Beaten and Followed
Ms. Cui Xiuqin was reported to police by the director of Jianyi Street Community Office on September 5, 2020. Two local police officers, one of them with last name of Dong, pulled her hair and beat her head. Her arms were covered with bruises. She was taken to Jianguo Police Station but was released 20 minutes later. After she left she realized someone was following her.
On September 9, Ms. Cui found someone on the top of the building looking into her home. The person wore black clothing and a face mask. She later discovered that she was being followed. Now Ms. Cui Xiuqin has to stay away from home and is afraid to go back home.
13. [Beijing City] Mr. Li Zongze and Mr. Li Lixin Detained
Mr. Li Zongze and Mr. Li Lixin were arrested by officers including Wu Weiyang from the Hepingli Police Station in the Dongcheng District. Their homes were ransacked. Their arrests are approved. They are detained in the Dongcheng District Detention Center. Their lawyers have inquired about their cases, which have not been sent to the Dongcheng District Procuratorate yet.
14. [Heihe City, Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Zhang Guifang Harassed
Ms. Zhang Guifang in Sunwu County, was harassed multiple times by the village Party director Jia Wenjiang and the township deputy Zhang Hongquan. Yu Banghua, head of the politic and legal affairs committee demanded that she sign a paper. She refused.
15. [Yongkang City, Zhejiang Province] Ms. Shi Mengqiao Faces Second Hearing
Ms. Shi Mengqiao from Tangxian Town, Yongkang City will have a second hearing in the First Court of Wucheng District Court of Jinhua City on September 14, 2020.
Ms. Shi was arrested in February 2020 for distributing truth-clarifying materials. She had the first hearing in the Wucheng District Court of Jinhua City on the afternoon of July 21. The verdict was not announced in court.
16. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Ms. Chen Yuqing Sent to Brainwashing Center
Ms. Chen Yuqing is a teacher in the Daijiaying Elementary School, Huayuan District. She was arrested on July 25, 2020, and was sent to a brainwashing center. People from the Huayuan District Political and Legal Affairs Committee threatened her, if she refused to be “transformed” within two months, she would suffer the consequences.
17. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Li Jiaxiu Arrested
Ms. Li Jiaxiu was arrested on the morning of July 25, 2020. When she visited another practitioner’s home, the police were ransacking it. Three officers from the Shuangshuinian Police Station took her back to her home. More than ten police officers then showed up and ransacked her home. They took away many things including, a printer, PC, more than 100 Dafa books, three photographs of Master, more than 1000 copies of truth-clarifying materials, radio, cell phones, players, tools, etc.
Later Ms. Li Jiaxiu was taken to the police station for interrogation. She was allowed to go home around 10 p.m. In August, police and residential community staff came to her home four times to harass her and took some photos.
18. [Gongzhuling City, Jilin Province] Ms. Liu Chunjing Harassed
Ms. Liu Chunjing was harassed on September 9, 2020, by officers from the Daling Town Police Station including Tao Cunhui. They questioned whether she still practiced Falun Gong and demanded she sign a “Repentance Statement”. She refused.
19. [Penglai City, Shandong Province] Six Practitioners Harassed
Police from Zijingshan Office of Penglai City phoned Ms. Li Zhengrong's husband on August 20, 2020, and told him to have his wife come and sign the “guarantee statement” at the office.
Mr. Wang Houde and his wife Ms. Zhou Fenglan were harassed by local residential community staff around August 20, 2020, and were told to sign a “guarantee statement”, which they refused.
Ms. Qin Shuhua and Ms. Liu Meiqin were harassed by the local residential community staff around August 20, 2020.
Ms. Wang Guihua's husband was phoned by the local residential community staff around August 20, 2020, and was told to have his wife come and sign the “guarantee statement”. Her husband came signed the paper.
20. [Xi’an City, Shaanxi Province] Additional Information on the Arrests of Mr. Zhang Huixia and Ms. Xue Yingying
Officers from the Jinghe Police Station ransacked the home of Mr. Zhang Huixia on July 23, 2020. They took away more than ten Dafa books and a small player. Mr. Zhang was taken to Jinghe Police Station. He was interrogated and was later sent home after the medical exam and because of his old age. Three days later, he and his wife (non-practitioner) were taken to the police station again for questioning.
At the same time, Ms. Xue Yingying was arrested and her home was ransacked. More than twelve Dafa books were taken away as well as a CD video of a class reunion. Ms. Xue Yingying was taken to Jinghe Police Station. She was forced to sit on an iron chair to be interrogated. She was then sent to the Chang’an Detention House and was detained for five days.
21. [Shanghai] Ms. Wang Meihua Arrested
Ms. Wang Meihua, over 70 years old, was arrested on June 26, 2020, by officers from the Gumei Road Police Station. He is currently detained in the Minhang District Detention Center.
22. [Fuzhou City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Xia Jiping and Four of Her Family Members Harassed
Ms. Xia Jiping’s mother was visited by officers including He Fangming from the Fuzhou Domestic Security Division in April 2020 and was asked about her daughter’s situation. The older lady in her 80’s, was frightened.
Ms. Xia Jiping was taken away from her son’s home in Dongguan City of Guangdong Province on June 16, 2020. Officers from the Gonglian Police Station took her to the police station and tried to force her to sign the so-called “guarantee statement”. She was photographed, fingerprinted and was her blood sample was collected. She was threatened with being sent to a brainwashing center if she did not cooperate with them.
Two days later, on June 18, 2020, she was contacted again and told fill out a form. She was told that she would not be bothered by police anymore if she did. She refused.
Her older brother, her younger brother and her mother were harassed on August 10, 2020 by Jiang, the director of the Hutian Residential Community of Fuzhou City. They were asked whether Ms. Xia still practiced Falun Gong.
Several people came to harass Ms. Xia Juping’s son on the evening of August 13, 2020, about Ms. Xia.
23. [Pengzhou City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Tao Mingjin Harassed
Officers from the Mengyang Town Police Station came to Mr. Tao Mingjin’s home in Fangyi Village on September 1, 2020 but Mr. Tao was not at home. The Party director in the village came to look for Mr. Tao on September 6 again but still did not find him. He phoned Mr. Tao and told him to come to the village office to sign a paper. Mr. Tao was threatened and told that the police would come for him if he refused to do so.
24. [Nong’an County, Jilin Province] Ms. Sun Xiuying Detained and Mr. Jiang Quande Passed Away Due to Persecution
Ms. Sun Xiuying is now detained in the Nong’an County Detention Center. Her husband, Mr. Jiang Quande died on the evening of August 25, 2020, and his funeral was held on the morning of August 26. The couple were arrested by officers from Gucheng Police Station. Currently, their family members' phone calls are being monitored.
25. [Renqiu City, Hebei Province] Ms. Cui Lanqin Arrested
Ms. Cui Lanqin was arrested by officers from the Lugongbao Police Station when she was talking to people about Falun Gong in Bei Village on August 23, 2020.
26. [Shanghai] Mr. Huang Naiwei Harassed Repeatedly
Mr. Huang Naiwei was harassed at home on April 14, 2020, by a policeman from Huangpu District and a staff from the Ruijin Street Community Office. They did not show their IDs. They also talked to his family members and wrote down their phone numbers. They claimed they would come back every month.
They repeatedly came to Mr. Huang’s home: on June 10, July 15 and August 12. They said that they were following supervisor's orders.
27. [Guang’an City, Sichuan Province] Six Practitioners and Their Families Harassed
Officers from the Chengdong Police Station and the residential community staff in Linshui County broke into Ms. Lin Bizhen’s home on August 17, 2020. They took away the book Zhuan Falun and a special issue of Minghui Weekly. Ms. Lin was not home.
Ms. Tang Shulan, 80-years-old, was harassed on the morning of August 6, 2020, by Zeng Lihua, the director of Yansheng Village of Linshui County, and a community staffer. They came to Ms. Tang’s home and took photos. They asked the whereabouts of her older son Mr. Cao Jiguang and her eldest daughter Ms. Cao Xueqin, who are both practitioners. They even phoned her son-in-law.
Mr. Chen Bing’s father, 80-years-old and a non-practitioner, received a phone call a few days ago from Northern Community and was asked where his son worked. The elderly father was sick in bed at that time. After receiving the call, he was very worried about his son’s safety.
Ms. Zuo Hui’s son was recently phoned by officers from the Chengdong Police Station who demanded to know where his mother was. He told them that she was visiting his younger brother in Guangzhou City. They claimed they would look for her in her hometown.
Ms. Zhang Guorong, 80-years-old, was harassed at home by a residential community staff who claimed he was checking her household registration.
Mr. Chen Shuyi, 83-years-old, the former head of Linshui County Auditing Bureau, was harassed by staff from the residential community and his former work unit. They came to his home and took photos everywhere including his bedroom. They even insisted on checking his other property.