(Minghui.org) A Dalian City, Liaoning Province, resident is facing prosecution for raising awareness about her faith in Falun Gong, an ancient spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Li Xinping was arrested on April 2, 2020, after she was reported for distributing information about Falun Gong. The police ransacked her son’s home, where she was living, and collected a blood sample and fingerprints from her the next day. She was released on the afternoon of April 3 and put under house arrest for six months.

The Family’s Ordeal

On August 14, 2020, the police submitted Ms. Li's case to the Ganjingzi District Procuratorate. Accompanied by her son, Ms. Li went to the procuratorate on August 19 and talked to the prosecutor in charge of her case, Hu Tongjun.

Prosecutor Hu told her that they would be investigating her case the following month and that she had the right to hire an attorney to represent her.

Ms. Li told Hu how she and her husband benefited from practicing Falun Gong. She used to suffer bone hyperplasia, sciatic nerve pain, chest pain, and an irregular heartbeat. Her husband had late-stage cirrhosis and often vomited blood. He also had stones in his bile duct and gallbladder and was in constant pain. His doctors said he didn’t have many days left.

At that time, their two children were only preschoolers. They struggled to take care of the kids and work to make ends meet. They were so poor that they had to borrow money to buy medicine.

When the family was in despair, they were introduced to Falun Gong. Both Ms. Li and her husband quickly health recovered their health. Her husband got over being short-tempered, found a job, and paid off their debts.

Just as things were coming together for the better for the family, the communist regime began the persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999. Ms. Li and her husband were repeatedly arrested and harassed. Their two children often had to stay at home by themselves when their parents were seized by police.

Her husband was later given 1.5 years of forced labor. He was severely tortured and had blood in his urine and a persistent high fever. Fearing that he might die in the labor camp, the guards released him six months ahead of time.

“Falun Gong gave both of us a new life. Had we not practiced Falun Gong, we might have already died. But our pursuit of health was met with repeated arrests and home raids. I really can’t understand why the government doesn’t allow us to do such a good practice?” Ms. Li asked.

Prosecutor Hu made no comment and let her go.

Facing Prosecution

Two days after Ms. Li talked to prosecutor Hu, her son was ordered to go to the local police station to answer questions. The police said that the procuratorate had returned Ms. Li’s case, citing insufficient evidence.

Ms. Li went with her son to the police station on August 27 and her son answered the officers’ questions. Ms. Li tried to explain that the persecution was illegal, but the police refused to listen.

Prosecutor Hu called Ms. Li’s son on September 2 and told him to bring his mother to the Ganjingzi District Court next morning to meet with the judge.

That same day, her son also got a call from the police. They said that Ms. Li had to have a coronavirus test. When she refused to comply, several officers showed up and took her to the hospital.

Ms. Li and her son went to the court on September 3. After both of them were told to sign some documents, the police arrested Ms. Li and said the court had issued an arrest warrant for her the night before.

Ms. Li’s son was informed by the police around 9 p.m. that day that she has been taken to the Wafangdian Detention Center for quarantine. He suspects that the police are pressing the prosecutor and the judge to sentence his mother.