(Minghui.org) A widow was recently sentenced to three years for practicing Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Lu Anmin, 67, is emaciated and incoherent after being held in custody for two years. She has also lost her ability to take care of herself, according to her daughter who recently visited her in the Lianhu District Detention Center.

It’s not clear whether or not the now incapacitated Xi’an City, Shaanxi Province, woman will be transferred to prison to finish serving her term.

Police officers broke into Ms. Lu’s home on October 16, 2017. They ransacked it and arrested her and her daughter.

Although her daughter was released the next day, Ms. Lu was held in the Xincheng District Detention Center before being transferred to the Lianhu District Detention Center.

The police interrogated her twice. When she refused to sign the interrogation record, they threatened to arrest her daughter again if she didn’t.

Ms. Lu’s arrest was approved on November 21, 2017. The police submitted her case to the Xincheng District Procuratorate three days later. That procuratorate transferred it to the Lianhu District Procuratorate on January 9, 2018.

Ms. Lu’s lawyer went to the Lianhu Procuratorate on January 17 to submit paperwork to have the case against Ms. Lu dropped. Prosecutor Li Xiaohe refused to meet and discuss the case with him.

The lawyer later learned that the prosecutor returned the case to the police around March 16, 2018, and requested more evidence. The police re-submitted the case on March 23.

The prosecutor indicted Ms. Lu on May 8, 2018, and moved her case to the Lianhu District Court.

Ms. Lu’s daughter initially had trouble finding her mother’s case in the court system. With the lawyer’s help, it was confirmed that judge Huo Biao was handling it.

Ms. Lu was tried in the Lianhu District Court on November 16, 2018. The judge adjourned the hearing without announcing a verdict.

Ms. Lu’s family later found judge Huo to inquire about her case. Judge Huo said he would announce the verdict soon but that he was still waiting for a decision from his superiors.

Judge Huo refused to release Ms. Lu on bail and proceeded to sentence her to three years in prison.