(Minghui.org) Mr. Hu Lin's lawyer was finally allowed to meet with him at Faku County Detention Center on July 16, 2019, to discuss his appeal against a two-year prison sentence handed down about one month ago.

The lawyer had been denied visits with Mr. Hu at the detention center since his arrest on May 23, 2019, for distributing materials about Falun Gong, a spiritual and meditation discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

According to the lawyer, the guards carefully inspected the meeting room before allowing him to enter. They didn't allow the lawyer to carry anything with him, except the case document. The guards provided pen and paper for him.

Mr. Hu was carried into the room and placed into the chair by a few guards. One of his nostrils was black. Mr. Hu said he has been on a hunger strike since he was taken to the detention center and was force-fed.

He said that the detention center guards had tied him to a wood board in a spread-eagle position since early June. He couldn't move at all. The guards left the feeding tube in his stomach during the two weeks' time he was locked there, until his court hearing on June 18. They occasionally unlocked the chains and let him move briefly before locking him onto the board again.

The guards applied the torture to him two more times, between June 20-28 and July 11-16. He had just been released from the board moments before meeting with the lawyer.

Mr. Hu also told the lawyer that two inmates, Tang Shuai and Luan Tianxiang, were assigned to monitor him. They often beat and verbally abused him.

Fearing that the detention center was monitoring their conversation, the lawyer quickly wrapped up the meeting without asking many questions.

Arrest and Sentence after Being Forced to Live Away from Home for 1.5 Years

Mr. Hu, an aircraft engineer from Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, was arrested on November 12, 2017, after being reported for distributing informational materials about Falun Gong. He was tortured and forced fed at the detention center. After he was released on the verge of death, he lived away from home to avoid further persecution.

Upon finding that he wasn't living at home, the police put him on the wanted list.

The authorities initiated the prosecution process right after he was arrested again on May 23, 2019. When the lawyer went to Faku County Court to review Mr. Hu's case document at 8 a.m. on June 18, he was surprised to find that the judge had scheduled a hearing for his client for 9 a.m. that morning.

The lawyer attended the hearing and entered a not guilty plea for Mr. Hu. The judge sentenced him to two years in prison two days later. Mr. Hu filed an appeal with Shenyang City Intermediate Court and is awaiting the result.

Related report:Liaoning Aircraft Engineer Sentenced to Two Years for His Faith

Mr. Hu Lin and Mr. Pan Youfa from Shenyang, Liaoning Province Arrested and Tortured