Recent Abuse in Jilin Province Women's Prison
(Minghui.org) Jilin Province Women’s Prison, originally located in the Heizhuizi area, Changchun City, Jilin Province, is now in Lanjia Town, Changchun City. Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) launched the persecution of Falun Gong in 1999, the prison has been one of the primary facilities where female Falun Gong practitioners are persecuted in Jilin Province.
The following are recent accounts of abuse perpetrated at this facility:
1. Prison officials and guards have assigned criminal inmates to closely monitor and abuse Falun Gong practitioners. Among these criminal inmates, Wang Jiping and Wang Shuwen, who are serving long prison terms, are the most vicious enforcers of the prison guard's orders.
2. Prison officials and guards instigated and forced the so-called “transformation” inmates, that is, those who have stopped practicing Falun Gong, to persecute and abuse Falun Gong practitioners. Among them, Li Minghua, Yu Xuewei, Zhang Jing, and Wang Yue are the most unrestrained tormentors.
3. Prison officials and guards administer inhuman physical punishment against Falun Gong practitioners who refuse to give up their belief and refuse to be “transformed.” Starting on December 22, 2017, the guards switched from using forced labor to using the “sitting board.” All practitioners were rounded up for a full-day “sitting board” torture, which lasted from 5:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., with only one hour off at noon. Throughout this period, the women were given only a glass of water and one had to ask permission to use the restroom, but no more than three times.
4. The prison officials and guards forced those who have given up practicing Falun Gong to report the activities of at least three Falun Gong practitioners.
5. Practitioners who refused to “transform” were locked in solitary confinement. Ms. Jin Yan from Changchun City, and Ms. Zhang Guixia, from Baishan City, are currently in solitary confinement.
6. Practitioners who refuse to “transform” are also denied family visits. The women whose family visits are currently denied include: Ms. Zhu Xiyu, Ms. Che Pingping, Ms. Xu Lina, Ms. Xiang Lijie, Ms. Zhang Guozhen, Ms. Liu Xiangzhuo, Ms. Yu Wenyan, Ms. Yan Shufang, Ms. Niu Yuhui, and Ms. Sun Shiying.