(Minghui.org) Minghui.org has recently confirmed that two Falun Gong practitioners from Tongcheng County, Hubei Province, passed away, one in November 2017 and the other in December 2018, after their health took a turn for the worse following police harassment for not renouncing their faith.

Falun Gong, also known as Falun Dafa, is a spiritual discipline that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.

Ms. Li Fengbao Suffers Stroke During Police Raid, Dies Two Months Later

Ms. Li Fengbao moved to Zhuhai City, Guangdong Province, in 2017 to stay with her daughter. She was sleeping on the night of September 5, 2017, when more than a dozen officers suddenly broke into her daughter’s home around 10 p.m.

Without showing any identification, these officers took pictures of each room and searched everywhere. They confiscated two Falun Gong books and informational materials.

The officers broke into Ms. Li’s bedroom and woke her up. They ordered her to go with them to the local police station. Ms. Li refused to comply.

While the police were pressuring her, she suddenly threw up and had a splitting headache. She was sweating so profusely her clothes were soaked.

Although Ms. Li eventually agreed to go to the police station, she found she couldn't move her left arm when she changed clothes. Her daughter immediately called the ambulance and took her to the hospital. She had bleeding on the brain and was treated in the emergency room overnight.

The police took turns watching her in the hospital all evening. She was transferred to a regular room the next day. After discovering the bleeding hadn't stopped, the doctor did a craniotomy on September 16.

Ms. Li remained unconscious after the surgery and a notice of critical condition notice was issued to her family.

Despite her condition, the police continued to monitor her and didn’t let her family get near her. They refused to pay her medical expenses.

Ms. Li passed away two months later in November, at the age of 60. While her family is still seeking compensation from the police, they have been holding her body in the mortuary.

Ms. Xiong Danyue Paralyzed in Custody and Dies 3 Years Later

Ms. Xiong Danyue was arrested in 2015 for talking to people about Falun Gong. She was paralyzed when she was released from the police station. It wasn't clear what happened to her during her short detention. The other practitioner arrested with her, Mr. Jiang Sihua, was later sentenced to two years in prison.

Me. Xiong’s health continued to deteriorate after she returned home. She passed away on December 26, 2018. She was in her 60s.