Prosecutor Dismisses Case against 81-Year-Old Falun Gong Practitioner for His Faith
(Minghui.org) The Zhen'an District Procuratorate in Dandong City, Liaoning Province dismissed the case against Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Sun Xintian on April 10, 2019.
Mr. Sun, 81, was arrested in May 2018 after being reported for distributing informational materials about Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999.
Officers from the Dongjiantou Police Station ransacked Mr. Sun's home and confiscated his Falun Gong books and related materials.
During the 24 hours Mr. Sun was held at the police station, he explained what the practice of Falun Gong is all about and urged the police to stop participating in the persecution. The police later released him on bail after extorting money from his son.
The police submitted Mr. Sun's case to the Yuanbao Procuratorate on September 6, 2018, after telling him that they would dismiss it on the same day.
On December 12, 2018, the police informed Mr. Sun that all Falun Gong cases in Dandong City had been transferred to the Zhen'an District Procuratorate and asked him to go there to do some paperwork.
Mr. Sun went to the procuratorate with an officer surnamed Wang.
While doing the paperwork, Mr. Sun talked to Guo Lianhe, the deputy director of the procuratorate. Mr. Sun told Guo how practicing Falun Gong improved his health and that the Chinese publication bureau issued a notice in 2011 to revoke all the bans on Falun Gong publications. Guo said he wasn't aware of such notice.
Mr. Sun wrote a letter to the procuratorate in late December 2018 and defended himself. He said he hadn't violated any law in practicing Falun Gong. He demanded that the prosecutor follow his conscience and drop his case.
The prosecutor twice returned his case to the police for insufficient evidence before eventually dismissing it.