(Minghui.org) Mr. Liu Nailun's family lost contact with him around September 24, 2018. His rental home was ransacked and his computer was gone. When they finally located him in the Lanling County Detention Center, they were told to pay for his living expenses there but were not allowed to see him.

The detention center officials refused to reveal which agency arrested Mr. Liu. Five months have passed and his family still have not received any official notice about his arrest.

Mr. Liu, 50, is a resident of Mengyi County, Shandong Province. He was an assistant accountant at Mengyin County Production Material Company.

Mr. Liu has been repeatedly arrested during the past 20 years for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, a mind-body practice that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since 1999. He was given three years of forced labor in 2003, and his wife divorced him under pressure. He was later imprisoned twice, for four years and again for three and a half years.

Past Persecution Experience

Shortly after the persecution of Falun Gong began in July 1999, Mr. Liu went to Beijing twice to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. He was arrested both times.

In June and November of 2000, officials from the local 610 Office, an extralegal agency tasked with carrying out the persecution policy, arrested him twice and sent him to a brainwashing center, where he was subjected to brutal torture. His workplace fired him not long afterward.

He was arrested again in February 2001 and given three years of forced labor on March 23, 2001. His wife divorced him while he was under detention. When he was released, he was homeless and penniless.

On October 23, 2004, Mr. Liu and four other Falun Gong practitioners were reported to authorities when they were distributing materials exposing the persecution of Falun Gong in Hedong District, Linyi City of Shandong. They were arrested later that day. The following night, he was sent to Linyi Detention Center, where he was severely tortured.

Later, the Hedong District Court sentenced him to four years in prison. He was brutally tortured while serving time at Tai'an Prison.

Mr. Liu was arrested again on November 19, 2010, while he was distributing Falun Gong materials in Pingyi County, Shandong. He was sentenced to three and a half years and sent to Tai'an Prison again.

Shortly after Mr. Liu was released, he was arrested again at the Linyi City Train Station on April 24, 2014. He was detained in the Mengyin Detention Center for 33 days. During his detention, the police tried to arrest his daughter but failed. Instead, they ransacked her home and confiscated many personal belongings, including a computer notebook. His father was unable to bear the pressure and passed away suddenly in 2014.

Mr. Liu was arrested again in Beijing while he was helping at another practitioner's business on October 12, 2017. Both of them were arrested, taken back to Mengyin County, and detained for 19 days. After he was released, his phone was monitored and his family was harassed and threatened. His mother lived in fear and her health deteriorated. She passed away in the summer of 2018.

More information about Mr. Liu's persecution can be found at: Falun Gong Practitioner Liu Nailun from Mengyin County, Shandong Province Suffers Years of Persecution