(Minghui.org) I'm 51 years old. I used to work in a state-owned company as a quality control analyst. The workload was so light that my colleagues and I spent a lot of time chatting every day. I said, “I think we are wasting our lives.” Everyone laughed. No one took what I said seriously. I thought that our lives should have more meaning. But it was not until 1999 that I realized the true meaning of life—after I began to practice Falun Dafa and read the book Zhuan Falun.

My Amazing Experience

Shortly after my child was born in 1995, I developed chronic rhinitis, sinusitis, and nasal polyps. My nostrils were completely blocked, and I could only breathe with my mouth open. Every morning my mouth was dry. Although it was not a serious condition, it was very difficult to treat. I tried both Chinese and Western medicine but nothing helped. I had constant stomach pain from all the medicines I took, and my health declined.

In early 1999, my mother-in-law said, “People are going to our neighbor's home to practice Falun Dafa every day. A grandmother who was partially paralyzed for more than 20 years completely recovered after practicing it for a few days. She doesn't even need a cane. You should go learn it.” I went there that night and felt great afterward. 

After a week of practice, I felt my nasal polyps slowly shrinking. A few mornings later my lips were no longer dry, and I was not thirsty. My nostrils were not blocked and I could breathe. I told my mother-in-law and she was very happy for me. My husband also actively encouraged me to practice Falun Dafa.

On May 1, 1999, while riding my motorbike home, I was about to cross an intersection when I saw a taxi. I stopped to let the taxi go first but it slowed down. I assumed the driver was letting me go first, so I gave the gas pedal a good push and went ahead. We collided and my mind went blank.

I woke up on the side of the road surrounded by a crowd of people. Someone shouted, “She's alive! Take her to a hospital.” Someone helped me to sit up. I was so dizzy that I couldn’t lift my head. I said, “I'm fine. You can leave.” The crowd gradually dispersed. Then I heard someone say, “Let's go to the hospital and have you checked out.” It was the young taxi driver. I could sense his anxiety, so I said, “I practice Falun Dafa. I'm fine. You can go.” He nodded and left.

Even though I felt dizzy I rode my damaged motorcycle home. I found a big lump on the top of my head. I ignored it, laid down on the bed, and fell asleep. After waking up, I vomited, was no longer dizzy, and the lump on my head was gone. My husband repaired the motorbike for me. Three days later I went to work. My family witnessed all this, showing them how extraordinary Falun Dafa is.

Throughout the entire incident I felt that Master was watching over me, I wasn't frightened, and I felt calm.

Taken to a Brainwashing Center

In 2004, because I talked to people about Falun Dafa, someone reported me to the police. I was taken to a brainwashing center by the city's 610 Office. I was bombarded with malicious slander about Dafa for 40 days. After I was released, I lost my job. My husband, who had not seen me for 40 days, said to me with a sullen face, “If you practice Falun Dafa, I'll break your legs!”

I was not surprised that I lost my job because the state-owned enterprise I worked for had to obey the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). But my husband's uncharacteristic behavior puzzled me. I later learned that, when he’d gone to see me several times while I was in the brainwashing center, he’d had to sit through the brainwashing, too, before meeting me. Those lies did not shake my belief, but they completely turned him against me. He said, “Every time I went to see you, I was afraid that I could not control my anger and that I would hit you. I didn't dare to see you.” The brainwashing turned someone who loved me into someone who hated me.

Because my husband monitored me closely, I couldn't study the Fa or do the exercises. My husband built a chicken farm that his parents took care of. To not let me out of his sight, he took me to the chicken farm every day. My mother-in-law wept and said, “During those 40 days you were detained, your father-in-law criticized me every day. The villagers said all kinds of nasty things about you. Your father-in-law got angry and took it out on me. It was because I told you about Falun Dafa.” I was extremely distressed. They were under so much pressure because of me.

Whenever I went to my in-law's, I cleaned the chicken coops, prepared chicken feed, planted and harvested crops, cooked meals, etc. No matter how hard the work was or how tired I felt, I didn't complain. When my husband decided to expand the chicken house, I helped transport bricks from the bottom of the hill to the top. The first day was okay. The next day, my already red and swollen shoulders hurt terribly when I put the carrying pole on my shoulders. Blood oozed out and my clothes stuck to me. I remembered something Master said: 

“A benevolent person always has a heart of compassion. With no discontentment or hatred, he takes hardship as joy.” ("Realms" in Essentials For Further Advancement)

My physical fatigue and the grievances in my heart vanished instantly.

One day, my husband went out of town. It was rare for me to be unsupervised, so I took out Zhuan Falun and began to read. My husband suddenly returned. He saw the book in my hands and rushed to grab it. I instinctively held it in my arms and wouldn’t let go. He threw me down, pulled the belt from his pants, and whipped my body, face, and head. My head was ringing.

I was dizzy and squatted on the floor. Blood ran down my face forming a huge puddle on the floor. I heard my husband shouting, “She’s dead!” I stood up and calmly said, “I'm fine. Bring me the tissue.” He brought them and I pressed a stack on the wound and the bleeding stopped.

My husband looked at me and said, “I'll give back your books.” He handed me my Dafa books and said, “I hid these books when you were detained. You can have them. I won't bother you anymore!”

My Father-In-Law's Anger Melts

After I got a new job, I frequently bought food and clothing for my in-laws. During the holidays, I took their grandchild and brought food they liked and stayed with them. Gradually, my father-in-law's sour expression faded away and a smile appeared on his face.

My husband was the eldest of three brothers. His younger brother's son attended the junior high school in our town, lived with us, and went to school with my daughter. I treated my nephew as though he were my son. More importantly, I told him the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance. We had a very close relationship.

At the end of 2014, my husband took ill and died. The blood vessels in my mother-in-law's stomach ruptured due to the grief. The local hospital refused to take her so she was transferred to the provincial hospital. She was in critical condition, and the doctor said she needed to have surgery immediately. He asked for a substantial fee. I brought the 10,000 yuan I had saved to repay a debt, and the surgery was successful.

My in-laws remembered every kind thing I did for them. They often praised me in front of others. My mother-in-law’s brother also said that a good person like me was really impossible to find!

My mother-in-law does not have a daughter, so she treated me like a daughter. She complained that her other two daughters-in-law were not like me. I smiled and said, “I'm different from them because I practice Falun Dafa.” “That's true!” she acknowledged.

My husband's parents used to be ashamed because their daughter-in-law practices Falun Dafa. Now our neighbors, relatives, and friends all know that they are fortunate to have a filial daughter-in-law who practices Falun Dafa.

A Small Winery Thrives

The company I work for now is a small, private winery. My job is testing the quality of the wine. In 2007, when I first started to work there, the owner briefed me on the situation: The company had been operating for ten years, had never made a profit, and had lost money every year. Their family had lost all their savings and owed millions. Their warehouse was filled with products that had accumulated over the years.

The owner analyzed why the business was doing so poorly: The biggest problem was the quality of the products. They had sent two employees for training, which had cost a lot, but they still couldn't do the tests. The laboratory was fully equipped, but without the right people, it was only for decoration. He hoped that I could help. I saw how sincere the owner was and agreed to take the job.

As soon as I started working, I set up the laboratory, checked out the equipment, and established records. Within a week, the lab was neat, clean, and practical, and the owner was very satisfied.

The lab now runs well, which means that product quality can be guaranteed. The company began to acquire regular customers and started to make a profit. In five years, the owner paid off all his debts. His two sons saw that the business was booming and decided to return and help manage the company.

At first, the owner and his family seriously misunderstood Dafa due to the CCP’s propaganda. The owner's wife looked at me strangely, as if she were looking at a monster. She once pointed at me and said, “You are not allowed to promote Falun Dafa here!” When I gave the owner's eldest son a Shen Yun Performing Arts CD, he threw it into the trash. The owner's younger son and his wife often made sarcastic remarks about me. I was not discouraged, just determined to validate Dafa and save a family who was poisoned by the CCP's lies. Master said,

“Since studying Falun Dafa, these workers have been coming to work early and going home late. They work very diligently and will do any assignment the boss gives. They also no longer compete for personal gain.” (Lecture Four, Zhuan Falun

I followed Master's teachings, worked diligently, and completed all the tasks assigned to me. In addition to being responsible for product inspection, I was also responsible for the work quality of the entire factory. Sometimes I even looked after the children and cooked meals.

When my husband became ill in 2014, I told the owner I was resigning and to find someone else. He said, “You take care of your husband. I'm not going to look for anyone else. I will save your position. I will pay you as usual when you are home!” I spent six months at home caring for my husband. The owner always sent his daughter-in-law to deliver my salary to my home on time. They insisted on paying me even though I told them not to. The owner and his family also understood the truth and withdrew from the CCP.

Because I refused to give up my faith, I was harassed by the local police on sensitive days. One day when I wasn't at work, three police officers harassed the factory owner. A young officer asked him, “Didn't you know she was a Falun Gong?” The owner replied, “I don't care. She does a good job and she's a good person. That's why I hired her!” The officer was speechless and left.

The owner’s righteous actions brought him blessings. In recent years the market has been sluggish, and some local private companies in the same industry have closed down one after the other. However, our small factory has not been very much affected. Our customers are loyal, and profits continue to increase.

After 20 years of ups and downs, my life cannot be separated from Dafa. I will continue to cultivate diligently, clarify the truth, and save more people.