(Minghui.org) I began practicing Falun Dafa at the end of 2009. Prior to that, I had a very bad temper and I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day. I also suffered from such severe knee pain that just walking a few steps was torturous. I sometimes even woke up from pain in the middle of the night. I tried many well-known doctors, but none of them were able to lessen my symptoms. I thought I was going to live with my knee problem for the rest of my life.

My family went bankrupt for a period of time, and my fiancee left me as a result. On top of that, I developed eye problems and couldn't stare at the computer monitor or TV screen for more than 15 minutes at a time. All these things brought me many tribulations, and I would get angry at the most trivial things.

I wondered why my family had to go through financial ruins and why my fiancee dumped me for my lack of money. I also didn't know why man was created and what the purpose of life was. I couldn't figure out why my life was full of hardships and tribulations, and why I was unable to seek revenge upon people who did me wrong.

I read a lot of books, both western and eastern, but I found no answers to my questions.

Those few years I was in charge of a lab at a medical university, and my job was to work with students to transplant cancerous tissues to animals and experiment with different drugs on them. I was given the job because of my training as an anesthesiologist.

I was close friends with a professor named Nima. One day I was in a very bad mood, and he noticed it right away when I went to see him. He gave me a copy of Zhuan Falun after hearing me complain about my situation. He said I could find all of the answers I wanted to know in the book. I didn't take his words seriously, but I trusted him, knowing he was a very rational and kind person.

The book was an electronic copy saved on a flash drive. I asked him, "You want me to look at the computer monitor with my eye condition?!" He said it'd be fine to read ten pages a day. I started reading the book that day, and Nima called me every day to check on my progress.

I had a hard time reading the book, but I did read out of respect for my friend. To my surprise, I did find all the answers in the book. It felt like I had been searching for the book all my life, and I was like a person who had lost his treasure and had been looking everywhere for it in vain.

The night I finished reading the book for the first time, I felt tranquil and slept better than any other night I had had in my previous 25 years. It was the most peaceful night I had ever experienced.

I tried to read the book more and to act in accordance with the moral principles stated in the book. Gradually I became a much kinder and more hardworking person. Sometimes I would do free things for my students. I was no longer a temperamental person and was gaining more and more friends. Some of the students would even come to see me before going home.

I also returned to health through doing Falun Gong exercises. I was able to go hiking after just one year of my practice of Falun Gong. This was a miracle to me. I also no longer needed glasses. A few years later when a new practitioner asked if he could stop wearing glasses by doing the exercises, it suddenly dawned on me that I used to wear glasses myself.

Suspicious Tumor

I like to drink coffee once in a while, and I usually reached out to the coffee container with my left hand. One day in 2013, I suddenly felt a slight pain near my heart as I tried to grab the container. I didn't pay it much attention, as I thought it was fatigue or something like pain from a cold.

The pain, though, got worse and worse. After a week I could not even raise my hand to shoulder height. With my right hand, I started examining my chest and arm pit. All of a sudden I felt a huge tumor bigger than a walnut. It was precisely like the cancerous tumors that we transplanted to mice and rabbits in the lab. At the time, I had worked in the lab for three years, enough to understand what could have happened to me.

I was stunned and couldn't even put down my hand. It was a very difficult test for me.

I then reflected on my life and realized that the pain could well be my karmic debt due to my past bad deeds. I told myself that I'd never give up practicing Dafa.

I didn't go to the doctor for examination. My family was a bit worried, but I told them that I'd be fine. I endured the pain and looked inside again. I still saw resentment, lust, selfishness and jealousy in myself. I never thought I had these attachments.

The pain lessened gradually, and I forgot about what had happened. A few weeks later I wanted to drink coffee again. I raised my left hand to grab the coffee container and realized I felt no pain at all. I examined my body again and found no tumor at all. It was unbelievable, as if nothing had happened at all.

The whole process of making coffee that day was filled with tears and appreciation for Master. It was the sweetest bitter coffee I ever had!

I am thankful to all practitioners who have accompanied me on my cultivation journey and helped me understand the Fa better. If there are any shortcomings in my understanding, please kindly point it out.