(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Liu Xiyong, 78, from Jinzhou District of Dalian City, was arrested for the second time on April 9, 2018 by officers from the Paotai Police Station, Jinzhou District of Dalian City and officers from the Shihe Police Station. His arrest was officially approved the next day.

Mr. Liu’s wife, 75, and her six-year-old granddaughter went to the Shihe Police Station. They demanded his release on April 12, around 1 p.m. The door man told her that the police station chief was at a meeting.

When she asked the whereabouts of her husband, a policeman threatened her, “You should also be arrested. We are following our supervisors' orders; you should ask them instead!”

Another policeman surnamed Xu gave her her husband’s hat, jacket, belt and shoes. Mr. Liu’s wife told the police that her husband had high blood pressure. Xu said, “His heart is better than mine.”

Officers from the Shihe Police Station attempted to have Mr. Liu detained several times in 2017, but the local detention center refused to accept him due to failure to pass the physical exam. Now, Mr. Liu Xiyong is being held in a detention center.

Repeated Arrests and Harassment

In order to inform people about Falun Gong and the persecution, nine Falun Gong practitioners from Shihe Town, Jinzhou District of Dalian City went to Yuantun Village to distribute free books titled, The Ultimate Goal of Communism to villagers on March 18, 2018.

That evening, officers from the Paotai Town Police Station in the Jinpu New Area arrested them.

The practitioners were: Mr. Liu Xiyong, Mr. Zhou Xing, Mr. Li Tianxue, Mr. Wang Lizhi, Ms. Zhang Sanman, Ms. Tan Chunrong, Ms. Gu Xiuhua, as well as Mr. and Mrs. Sun.

Of the arrested practitioners, Mr. Liu's blood pressure was very high. Liu Bo and the other officers insisted on taking Mr. Liu to the Sanli Detention Center in Jinzhou District. Because of his poor physical condition the detention center refused to accept him. They took him home at 2 a.m.

When Mr. Liu was not at home, officers from the Shihe Police Station ransacked his home on March 21 at 11 a.m.

Two officers from the Paotai Police Station went to the Shihe Police Station on April 3. Afterwards, officers from the Shihe Police Station demanded that Mr. Liu’s daughter sign on behalf of her father the document “being released on bail.” As soon as Mr. Liu was informed of that, he called the Paotai Police Station and said that no one could sign on his behalf and that he would not accept it.

Officers from the two police stations mentioned above, once again arrested Mr. Liu on the afternoon of April 9 . On the way to the station Mr. Liu shouted, “Falun Dafa is good!”

The next day the Jinzhou District Procuratorate approved Mr. Liu's arrest.

Officers from the Shihe Police Station and the Jinzhou District Procuratorate repeatedly harassed and attempted to frame him in 2017.

Zhang Guifeng, the Yuantun Village head, and a policeman harassed Mr. Liu at his home on June 18, 2017. Mr. Liu would not allow them to take his photo and said, “You are breaking the law. You should carefully read the 35th and 39th articles of the Constitution, as well as the 54th article of the Government Employee Act. Do not serve the dictator Jiang Zemin any longer.” Ms. Zhang and the officer left.

The police chief surnamed Zhou and several policemen broke into Mr. Liu’s home in July 2017. The took him to the Jinzhou Hospital and Jinzhou Center Hospital for a medical examination. They planned to detain him at the Sanli Detention Center, Jinzhou District. The Prison doctor twice refused to accept the elderly Mr. Liu after reading his medical report.

Officers from the Shihe Police Station brought their paperwork to the Jinzhou District Procuratorate, which stated that Mr. Liu was guilty.

Mr. Liu was summoned to the Jinzhou District Procuratorate on August 14, 2017. After arriving there, Mr. Liu refused to cooperate.

“I did nothing wrong,” Mr. Liu said. “Being a good person is not wrong. Living according to the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is not wrong. If I give my signature, you will commit a crime.”

He refused to sign the interrogation record. Afterwards his daughter drove him home.

Chief Zhou showed up with some policemen at Mr. Liu’s home on August 16, at around 10 a.m. They took him to the Jinzhou Center Hospital for another medical examination. Then, he was taken to the Sanli Detention Center. When the prison doctor read Mr. Liu’s medical report he told Chief Zhou that the detention center could not accept Mr. Liu. Mr. Liu’s daughter took him home.

Policeman Xu Xin from the Shihe police station asked Mr. Liu to come to the Jinzhou District Court on August 17, at around 3 p.m. Mr. Liu’s daughter drove Xu and her father to the court, but Mr. Liu stayed in the car.

An employee from the Jinzhou District Court showed Mr. Liu the indictment which was issued by the Jinzhou District Procuratorate and demanded that he sign it, but he refused.

He said, “I have not committed any crime. The Procuratorate staff are breaking the law.”

The endless harassment has taken a toll on Mr. Liu’s health. He began to suffer from high blood pressure, heart ailments, shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea and fatigue.

Related articles:

Nine Practitioners Arrested for Distributing Information in Yuantun Village

Guilty Verdict Against Man, 76, Issued Weeks Before His Court Appearance