(Minghui.org) A resident of Jilin City, Jilin Province was arrested a fourth time for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, a self-improvement meditation practice based on the principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance that has been persecuted by the Chinese communist regime since July 1999.

Mr. Yue Naiming, 55, credits Falun Gong for enabling him to stay sober and become a productive citizen. He was first arrested in 2008 and given two years of forced labor for his belief in Falun Gong. His second arrest took place on April 26, 2014, with him detained for one month. Four years later, in 2018, he was arrested two more times in less than five months.

Several plainclothes officers from Huashanlu Police Station arrested Mr. Yue at his home on October 30, 2018. They also confiscated his Falun Gong materials along with personal belongings. When his family went to the police station asking for his release, they were given a criminal arrest warrant and told that Mr. Yue was the seventh Falun Gong practitioner arrested in their neighborhood.

Mr. Yue's family next went to Jilin City Police Department but were blocked outside by a security guard. The family proceeded to Jilin City Lockup, which referred them to Jilin City Detention Center. The detention center denied their visit with Mr. Yue and only allowed them to deposit money into his commissary account.

Mr. Yue's latest arrest came on the heels of an earlier arrest on May 30, 2018. The police not only confiscated his Falun Gong books but also took away 1,150 yuan in cash. He was detained for ten days, during which time his 78-year-old mother was denied visits with him. He was released on June 9, only to be arrested again less than five months later.

Mr. Yue's wife visited the police station many times following his latest arrest. She demanded his release and return of the confiscated money of 1,150 yuan. Officer Zhang Peng said they had turned in the money to Jilin City Police Department.

Tortured in Detention

Mr. Yue used to be an alcoholic and was often seen unconscious by the roadside. After he began to practice Falun Gong in 2001, he stopped drinking without any trouble and moved to Beijing to open a small convenience store.

He was arrested by police in Haidian District, Beijing on April 27, 2008, and his family wasn't notified of his whereabouts until two weeks later. After being given two years of forced labor, he was first kept at the Tuanhe Labor Camp in Beijing and later moved around different labor camps in Liaoning Province.

Mr. Yue was brutally tortured during his two years' detention. He was once pinned tightly between benches held by several guards for 15 straight hours.

At the Weiningying Labor Camp in Liaoning Province, four inmates beat Mr. Yue hard, leaving his face disfigured. During force-feeding, the tube was kept in his esophagus for 17 days without being removed. Two guards shocked his stomach with electric batons simultaneously.

Officers from Huashanlu Police Station in Jilin City took Mr. Yue back when his forced labor term expired on April 26, 2010. They kept harassing him at home and asked if he'd return to Beijing.

Mr. Yue indeed went back to Beijing, only to be arrested again by Haidian District police on April 26, 2014. They confiscated his Falun Gong materials, as well as cash and other valuables. Guards at Haidian District Detention Center forcibly took his blood sample without specifying a reason and didn't release him until one month later.

Mr. Yue later returned to his hometown of Jilin City, where he was arrested two more times within a few months in 2018.

Key Responsible Personnel:

Jilin City Domestic Security Division, +432-62409866

Related Articles:

Mr. Yue Naiming Tortured in Custody, Harassed After Release

Mr. Yue Naiming Missing, Police Take DNA Samples from His Home

Minghui Report: 271 Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested in September 2018