(Minghui.org) In many reports on the state-sanctioned killing of Falun Gong practitioners for organs in China, practitioners have blood samples forcibly taken without explanation. This practice continues, as shown in the case of a practitioner in Tianjin last month.

Ms. Li Fei is in her 40s. She was originally from Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province. On her way to work at 6:30 a.m. on September 3, 2018, a police officer stopped her near her home in Binhai New District. After confirming her identity, the officer forced her into a police van.

At the Banchang Road Police Station, officers confiscated all her personal items, including her cell phone and keys. They went to her home and confiscated all Falun Gong books and related informational materials, as well as copies of Nine Commentaries on the Communist Party and Minghui Weekly. Officers also took her passport and paper currency marked with the words “Falun Dafa is good.”

Before interrogating her, an officer demanded she let them take a blood sample and fingerprint her. Ms. Li refused on the grounds that she had not committed a crime. During the interrogation, she refused to answer any questions. The officer had no choice but to end the interrogation.

An officer took her to Dagang Hospital in the afternoon for a physical examination and tried to take a blood sample. Ms. Li struggled with all her strength, and the officers failed to take a blood sample after three tries.

After contacting higher officials, the officers decided to try again. Two of them grabbed her tightly, while Ms. Li gripped her hands into tight fists. A male plainclothes officer attempted to force her hand open but did not succeed.

Officers later took her to another room to take blood samples. Two officers restrained her arms while another plainclothes officer held her legs down. A doctor took five tubes of blood from her, leaving her dizzy and weak.

Officers later took Ms. Guo to a detention center to force her fingers open, but they did not succeed. Officials there did not accept her, as no medical examination had been performed. More officers were dispatched, forcing her to submit to x-rays in Xinsheng Hospital. Three officers restrained her during the scans, and another tube of blood was taken.

In the end, police took her to the Dagang Third Detention Center, where Ms. Li refused to recite the detention center rules or sign any documents.

During her 28-day detention, Ms. Li was only interrogated about her basic information. No other topics were discussed. In addition, the only thing the investigator did was take blood samples–six tubes in total.

Ms. Li's family went to the police station on September 29 to demand her release and submit a complaint against the officers. An officer told them that the documents had been transferred to the procuratorate. The family then went to the procuratorate to submit a complaint, but it was rejected.

In the evening on September 30, officers took Ms. Li back to Banchang Road Police Station and told her to sign a document that defamed Falun Gong. Ms. Li again refused. She was released later that day.