(Minghui.org) I went with several other practitioners around the outside of a courthouse to put up informational posters about Falun Gong (also known as Falun Dafa) in April 2005. The surveillance video recorded us, and we were illegally arrested.

We were questioned separately. I refused to give my name or any other personal information. An officer hit me for telling them that I was a Dafa disciple and that Falun Dafa is good. I began a hunger strike at that point.

The police took us to the city detention center the next day, where each of us was placed in a different unit. I refused to wear the uniform and continued my hunger strike. The guards handcuffed my hands and feet to a torture bed for three days and nights. They also force-fed me twice a day.

The Party secretary in this detention center decided to persecute me in this way and was later dismissed from his position. He understood that he was receiving karmic retribution, so he apologized to me. He conjoined his hands and repeatedly said that he would no longer persecute Falun Gong practitioners.

He was in charge of a food and supply department in the detention center. Whenever he was on duty, he brought me good food. He also said that he had a friend who worked for a court. He said he could ask him to reduce my sentence. He also said that he could take care of my daughter’s college fees. I declined his offer, but I was happy to know about his attitude toward Falun Dafa.

After I was put on the torture bed, another inmate, who was a village chief, took care of me. He told me, “You Falun Gong practitioners are all good people. You should have a normal diet to stay healthy.”

He instantly agreed to quit the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) after I clarified the facts. He was found not-guilty and released six months later.

One man from Shenyang City was an underground gang leader and a CCP Party member as well. He was appointed as my cell’s leader. Witnessing how I was force-fed and interrogated, he said he admired my forbearance. He said he did not believe it before when other Falun Gong practitioners asked him to quit the CCP for his own good. But he said that after I asked him to do so, he finally decided to renounce his Party membership.

One inmate who was imprisoned for murder heard me shout, “Falun Dafa is good!” He gave me a thumbs-up, saying, “I should be like you Falun Gong practitioners. Whenever you shout, the jail guards have nothing to do with you.”

He was a CCP Party member and agreed to quit after I told him why. The day he was executed, he asked me what I wanted to tell him. I told him to remember “Falun Dafa is good, and Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good.” He nodded to me affectionately.

Another convicted murderer, also a CCP Party member, had stopped me from doing the exercises when I was first incarcerated. He also refused to quit the CCP. He later witnessed my firm belief and how I was considerate of others all the time. He began to admire me and Falun Gong. I again asked him to quit the CCP and he agreed.

A drug addict from the military, who had joined the Communist Youth League, refused to quit it when I first asked him. But he was touched by my words and deeds after he stayed with me for a while.

“Until I saw your behavior, I did not understand that Falun Gong practitioners were all good people,” he said. “I used to believe the propaganda on TV and had a bad impression of Falun Gong. Through you, I now realize that what the TV promoted was all false. I will quit because I trust you.”

I was illegally held in this detention center for over a year. Whomever I met, I told about Falun Gong and helped them quit the CCP. It was my responsibility as a Dafa practitioner. In the end, I persuaded over 50 people to quit.

Life in the detention center was extremely bad and full of violence. Yet Dafa granted me compassion to treat everyone well who dealt with me, whether they were guards or prisoners. I am thankful for those who were saved by Dafa.