(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Guo Yisen was told to retrieve his previously confiscated computers from the police on March 21, 2017. When he got to the station, he was arrested and taken to Beishi Detention Center.

He was later sentenced to four years in prison. His wife, who suffers from epilepsy, has been forced to live with her nephew.

Mr. Guo, 65, is a resident of Zhoujia Village, Tai'an City, Shandong Province. He filed a criminal complaint with the Supreme Court and Supreme Procuratorate, charging former Chinese Communist Party (CCP) head Jiang Zemin for starting the persecution of Falun Gong. As a result, he and his wife, Ms. Du Chenglan, were arrested on July 11, 2016, and their home was ransacked. The authorities confiscated a copy of Zhuan Falun, four copies of his lawsuit, a desktop computer, a laptop, two e-book devices, and a color printer.

Mr. Guo's wife, 64, was released the same day due to her poor health. Mr. Guo was held in Beishi Detention Center for 38 days and released on August 17.

He was put on trial on January 19, 2017, in the Xintai City Court and defended himself. The judge did not render a verdict, and Mr. Guo was released.

It is believed that Mr. Guo's arrest was ordered by Chen Yong, division head of the Xintai City CCP's Discipline Inspection Commission, and carried out by Li Tongjun, captain of Xintai City's Domestic Security Team.

Li Tongjun notified him on March 21, 2017, to come to the domestic security team to retrieve his confiscated computers. After arriving at the station, Mr. Guo was arrested and sentenced to four years in prison.

Mr. Guo appealed the verdict and his sentence. Beishi Detention Center authorities refused to allow his family to visit him or to send him any clothes. He had to wear the same clothes the entire summer.

The court eventually upheld the original sentence, and Mr. Guo was transferred to Shandong Province Prison on July 10, 2017.

Mr. Guo’s wife suffered from epilepsy, which disappeared after she started to practice Falun Gong with him. The repeated harassment and threats from the local authorities after the persecution started caused her to relapse. She suffered from dementia and could not take care of herself. Since Mr. Guo's arrest, she has had to live with her nephew, as their family could not afford to retain a live-in caregiver.