(Minghui.org) A once healthy woman was unrecognizable when she was released from prison on July 12, 2017. Ms. Wang Ling, 57, could no longer talk, and she kept murmuring nonsense. Her whole body was paralyzed and couldn’t stop twitching. She had seizures multiple times a day. Her family noted severe deformity on her joints and only a few teeth left in her mouth. She couldn’t eat by herself or keep solid food down.

Ms. Wang, a resident of Bozhou City, was arrested on August 11, 2013 for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime. She was brutally tortured and became mentally unstable while in police custody. Even though she was unfit to stand trial, she was tried on April 17, 2015 and sentenced to three years in prison shortly afterwards. She was transferred to Anhui Province Women’s Prison on August 15, 2015.

The abuse of Ms. Wang continued at the prison, according to one witness who was also incarcerated there.

Ms. Wang was already reduced to skin and bones when the witness saw her for the first time. The witness noted bruises all over Ms. Wang’s body, with her ankles festering. Ms. Wang’s ears were so swollen from being pinched by guards that one could no longer see the ear canal openings. Her feet were also swollen to the point that her shoes no longer fit.

The witness also noted that Ms. Wang often soiled her pants, yet she had no idea that she had become incontinent. The guards claimed that Ms. Wang was faking her insanity and kept torturing her with various means. They force-fed her, flicked their fingers on her face, and pinched her on a regular basis. They also denied her family visits.

Ms. Wang’s family was heartbroken when they finally saw her on the day of her release. Once full of life, their loved one was no longer the woman they knew.

Anhui Province Women’s Prison: +86-551-63720031

Related Reports:

Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners Continues at Anhui Province Women’s Prison

Ms. Wang Ling Tortured and Mentally Traumatized

Woman in Detention Suffers Relapse of Uterine Fibroid and Is Denied Medical Attention