(Minghui.org) Mr. Wang Yuansheng's family was notified by the Jizhou County Court on April 27, 2017 that he was sentenced to three years in prison and fined 5,000 yuan for practicing Falun Gong. Resisting the injustice, Mr. Wang and his family refused to sign the verdict statement.

Mr. Wang's attorney appealed to Hengshui Intermediate Court on May 5, 2017, to overturn the conviction, but the verdict was upheld. His family first learned of the decision when they tried to visit Mr. Wang at the detention center on July 19. They were told that Mr. Wang had been sent to Jidong Prison.

He is now in poor health and very weak.


Mr. Wang posted informational banners on October 20, 2016, which helped people understand that persecuting Falun Gong is wrong. Someone reported Mr. Wang to the local police, and he was arrested.

He was tried by Jizhou District Court on January 17, 2017. Two attorneys from Beijing defended his innocence; under Chinese law, he had not committed any crimes.

Falun Gong Changed Him

Mr. Wang had a bad temper before he began practicing Falun Gong, and he suffered from gastroenteritis. He started following Falun Gong principles and doing the exercises in 1997, after which he became healthy.

By following the Falun Gong foundational principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance, he strived to be a good person, and his bad temper dissipated. He also started thinking of others. For instance, he voluntarily cleared the village roads after heavy snowfalls on several occasions.

Previously Persecuted for Practicing Falun Gong

When facing the CCP's smear campaign against Falun Gong that began in 1999, Mr. Wang bravely stood up and started telling people about the goodness and benefits of Falun Gong. For that, he was repeatedly persecuted.

He was detained for two weeks for doing the Falun Gong exercises in a public area in 1999.

He also was sent to the Shijiazhuang City Labor Camp for going to Beijing and appealing to the central government on behalf of Falun Gong in 2001. He was tortured in the camp because he refused to renounce his beliefs.

Inmates participated in the torture. They looped two steel clotheslines through his arms and handcuffed his hands behind his back, as directed by the prison guards. They pushed his body forward causing the steel wires to cut deeply into his flesh. Blood dripped from the wounds.

After this abuse, he couldn't raise one of his arms, his fingers remained curled, and he couldn't make a fist. Consequently, it was difficult for him to eat. When he was released, he still couldn't control his arms, and his vision was impaired.

Mr. Wang was also arrested for telling the public the facts about Falun Gong in June 2006. His home was ransacked. During this incarceration, he shared a cell with an inmate who had been sentenced to death but was later reprieved. The inmate took Mr. Wang's food and choked him during the night.