(Minghui.org) Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Dong Chengfang, 68, from Xilinhot City, was arrested by police upon returning home from a walk on June 12, 2017. He was released on June 15 after a harrowing ordeal. His wife was traumatized by the events of the arrest and has not yet recovered.

Mr. Dong Arrested and Whole Family Disrupted

Mr. Dong was arrested by Li Fei (a residential police officer) and seven officers from the Xilinhot City Domestic Security Division on June 12. The seven officers were: Agula, Bate, Chen Tiejun, Wuyunhasi, Zhong Shaobin, Bu He, and Wang Jie. The officers ransacked his place when no one was home and confiscated a cell phone, a tablet, and other belongings.

When Mr. Dong's wife returned, their home was in shambles. She was subsequently arrested as well. Having recently come back from the countryside, she was in shock, became dizzy and started vomiting. She could not stand on her own, so officers left her at a curbside and sped away.

She did not know her way around town, but fortunately, a kindhearted driver gave her a ride home. Several weeks have passed, and she has not yet been able to function normally.

Torture tool: iron chair

Mr. Dong was searched and taken to the police department, where he was interrogated and threatened. The officers forced him to sit on an iron chair. They questioned him about where he had been and specifically asked about certain places.

The officers presented a document and ordered Mr. Dong to sign it. Not knowing its contents, Mr. Dong refused to sign. Officer Chen instructed him to write “refused to sign” in place of his signature.

Mr. Dong was forcibly taken to a hospital for a physical examination. His blood pressure was 220/120. Despite such a high reading, Mr. Dong was taken to a detention center, where he was denied admission for health reasons. He was then taken back to the police department.

Mr. Dong's son and daughter came to the police station upon learning about their father's arrest. They questioned the officers about the arrest and which law he had broken. The Domestic Security officers did not provide any legal grounds. Instead, they threatened Mr. Dong's children, pressuring them to sign a guarantee statement in exchange for his release. They then brought their father home.

Despite his ordeal, Mr. Dong maintains that practicing Falun Gong is legal. He knows that China's constitution guarantees freedom of belief; therefore, persecution based on one's belief is unconstitutional.

Medication No Longer Needed after Practicing Falun Dafa

Mr. Dong started practicing Falun Dafa in March 1999. He was in poor health before then and suffered from rheumatism and stomach problems. His rheumatism was quite severe. Whenever the weather changed, he was often in terrible pain.

At that time, his wife was also ill, and their three children were still young. They first tried to address their health issues with Chinese and Western medicine. They then visited elderly Chinese traditional medical doctors and tried several ancient prescriptions. Nothing helped. Mr. Dong experienced insomnia and had little energy at work. They lived a difficult life and endured economic hardship as a result.

Mr. Dong was fortunate to learn about Falun Dafa in March 1999. He and his wife both decided to try Falun Dafa. Within a few days, their illnesses were gone and they were overjoyed.

The principles of Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance were deeply rooted in Mr. Dong's heart. Life was no longer a burden. Their children became the pride and focus of the family. Energized by good health, they became optimistic. Not only did Mr. Dong finish his work with ease, he was also able to help neighbors when they were shorthanded. For 18 straight years, he took no medication. Nor did he even catch a cold.