(Minghui.org) After July 20, 1999, I was sentenced to two years of forced labor. While I was detained, some former practitioners, who had been deceived by the lies of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), had me read Teacher's article “Towards Consummation” (Essentials for Further Advancement II). They wanted me to believe that practitioners who were detained had already reached enlightenment and should stop practicing. They also told me that it was unfair for Teacher Li (the founder of Falun Dafa) to endure my hardships any longer.

I accepted their persuasion and went astray. When I think back about it, I understood that it was partly caused by my not having studied the Fa well enough. Their biased theory aroused my attachment to fear, so I went along with them.

I was released in 2001 before my original sentence had ended. I then stayed away from other practitioners and didn’t study the Fa or do the exercises. I lived in fear of being persecuted again!

Released, But Not Free

My heath deteriorated and many of my old illnesses returned. I often had diarrhea and was in great pain. Though I took many medications, they had no effect.

I became depressed thinking about how miserable my future life would be, and how I had fallen all the way to the bottom. Yet benevolent Teacher didn't give up on me. He arranged practitioners to come and help me get back on the path of cultivation.

One colleague at work kept telling me, “Teacher wants to see you start cultivation again as soon as possible.” She also suggested that I write a solemn declaration that I would resume cultivation. But my fear was strong, and I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Eventually, Teacher's immense compassion opened my heart; I made up my mind to submit my solemn declaration to the Minghui website and resume my cultivation path.

Precious Opportunity

I came to realize that Teacher had cared for and watched over me all along. After I enlightened to this, I felt very secure in my heart. I recited the Fa in my mind while at work and sent forth righteous thoughts during our lunch breaks.

I wasn't assigned to any evening shifts, so I volunteered because there were fewer people around which made it easier for me to send forth righteous thoughts and recite the Fa. I wanted to immerse myself in the Fa and devote myself to Teacher and Dafa. I frequently recited “On Dafa,” Hong Yin, and Essentials for Further Advancement.

I realized that in order to make better progress, I needed to study the Fa more and so I increased my amount of study. I often thought about when I attended Teacher's Fa-lecture classes. Those remain my happiest moments!

I once felt I lacked strength and experienced a lot of pain when doing my job. I recalled what Teacher said:

“It's hard to endure, but you can endure it. It's hard to do, but you can do it.” (“Teaching the Fa at the Meeting with Asia-Pacific Students” in Teaching the Fa at the Conference VI)

Soon after thinking that, an energy current surged through my body, and tears flowed.

Amidst a big tribulation, Teacher supplied me with energy and strengthened my righteous thoughts.

Keeping My Priorities in Mind

I was most recently arrested by officers from the domestic security and the 610 Office in September 2012. The same officers who arrested me also ransacked my home.

I was taken to the detention center that evening. I struggled with the thought of why did such a big tribulation happen to me? I then tried to identify any personal attachments and omissions that led to this predicament.

That detention center was a very evil place! Guards often cursed at and beat prisoners at will. I knew that Dafa practitioners have a mission to save sentient beings. So I decided to keep this as my focus!

I was kept in the newcomer’s section of the detention center for quite a while. I thought it must be Teacher's arrangement for me to clarify the facts to them. Whenever a new person came in, I took every opportunity to talk to him about Falun Dafa.

One day after lunch, I talked to the person in charge of our cell about the persecution I had suffered. He listened to me with an open mind, and I helped him quit the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and its affiliated organizations.

The inmate who slept beside me often beat up and swore at others. One night, he was given notice that he had received the death sentence. I talked to him about Falun Dafa and helped him quit the CCP. From then on he often asked me many questions about cultivation. I gained his trust to the point that he watched out for me and prevented others from bullying me.

Of the more than 20 people in our cell, only two didn't withdraw their membership from the CCP.

One day after I had been in the detention center for nine months, my right side suddenly went numb, and I couldn't walk without help. I was given a CT scan in the hospital and was diagnosed as having had a stroke. The hospital wanted to admit me right away. I flatly refused!

The person in charge of the detention center saw how I had deteriorated so quickly. He asked other detainees to keep an eye on me because he was afraid that I might die while in custody.

The next afternoon, a guard entered the cell and called my name. I sat up, and he said, “You can go home!” I didn't believe it and laid back down.

The guard said: “I am not kidding! You are going home! Your family is here, now pack up!”

After having a stroke, I thought I might die. But it was Teacher’s way to get me out of prison and eliminate some of my karma at the same time.

Falun Dafa Is Truly Amazing!

Everyone was very happy to see that I was released, but they were worried about my situation. My right side was completely paralyzed.

Fellow practitioners and I began to study the Fa, do the exercises and send forth righteous thoughts. I initially couldn't speak clearly, nor follow what others were reading. The other practitioners were encouraging and allowed me to read slowly.

I could only use my left side to do the exercises. And when sending forth righteous thoughts, I had to use my left hand to support my right hand.

At night, the blood vessels in my head kept expanding, and I felt as if it would explode. But I didn't worry about anything because I knew that Teacher and the Fa were with me. When I couldn't stand it, I just got up and sent forth righteous thoughts.

I started having some feeling in my right side the next day. On day three, I could walk along the bed. Fifteen days later, I started going downstairs by myself. When my relatives saw me, they were stunned! They kept saying, “Falun Dafa is truly amazing!”

At the Dharma-ending period, Teacher saved me time after time. My gratitude is beyond words!

I feel that only by studying the Fa diligently and doing the three things well, can one not let down Teacher's saving grace.