(Minghui.org) Mr. Luo Wenbin, a 39-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner, has suffered a mental breakdown and lost the ability to take care of himself after being imprisoned and tortured for more than 11 years. He now relies on his parents for all his needs because he can no longer work.

Since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) began its persecution of Falun Dafa in 1999, Mr. Luo has been illegally detained three times, sentenced to prison twice, has had thousands of yuan extorted from him, and was fired from his job.

His home has also been ransacked twice and all of his identification documents, including his college diploma and teaching license, were confiscated by officers from the Qingshanhu Police Department. He still has not received any of his documents back.

Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison, Tortured

Mr. Luo was a former teacher at Luojia No. 1 Middle School in Qingshanhu District. He began practicing Falun Dafa towards the end of 1998. All of his illnesses disappeared soon after practicing and he became more patient and considerate of others, most notably toward his students. He was highly regarded by students and colleagues alike.

In October 2000, Mr. Luo was arrested by officers from the Luojia Police Station as he was distributing informational materials about the Falun Dafa in school. He was taken to the police station, but escaped in the evening. Mr. Luo was forced into homelessness for several months to avoid further arrest.

He was arrested again while handing out Dafa materials in Yingshan County, Sichuan Province in February 2001 and held in a local police station for a week. After he was taken back to Nanchang City, he was sentenced to a seven-year prison term.

Mr. Luo was then transferred to Yuzhang Prison in Jiangxi Province, where he was tortured for refusing to renounce Falun Dafa.

He was put in solitary confinement six times, forced to attend brainwashing sessions five times, beaten, hung up in the air while handcuffed, and forced to stand still facing a wall for long periods of time.

A handful of criminal inmates took turns monitoring him to deprive him of sleep. When he refused to write a guarantee statement to give up his belief, guards and inmates pushed him to the ground and beat him with clothes hangers.

After being tortured for several days and nights, Mr. Luo was dazed and confused. He was released on February 26, 2008.

Imprisoned Again

Mr. Luo was arrested for the third time by officers from the Tazaiqiao Police Station for putting up Dafa flyers in the Qingyunpu District on September 17, 2009. He was handcuffed and suspended from an iron bar at the police station.

He was later transferred to the Nanchang No. 2 Detention Center and held for several months. When he refused to wear the detention center uniform, guard Zou Ren ordered a group of inmates to beat him.

The Xihu District Court later sentenced Mr. Luo to a four-and-a-half-year prison term in Nanchang Prison. There, he was forced to do hard labor.

If he failed to finish his work quota, the guards beat him in front of the other prisoners and then handcuffed him to an iron gate for several days.

The guards also instigated criminal inmates to torture Mr. Luo. They forced him to stand still against a wall for a long time or kicked him at night when he was sleeping.

Although he was tortured daily, Mr. Luo still held on to his belief. This resulted in more persecution. The inmates who monitored him used an iron bar to hit him every 15 minutes in the evenings.

He was also tortured by being handcuffed to an iron gate several times, each time lasting 2-3 days, while not being allowed to use the restroom. As a result, he had to relieve himself in his clothes.

Mr. Luo was also locked in solitary confinement 8 times for a total of 14 months.

He was later held in a brainwashing center for 10 months and was pressured to write statements denouncing his belief.

When Mr. Luo was released in March 2014, he was incapacitated and his parents had to take him in. He now suffers constant headaches, convulsions, tremors, and sometimes shouts uncontrollably. He and his family suspect that the prison guards added psychotropic drugs to his food, a form of abuse used on many persecuted Dafa practitioners.