(Minghui.org) Ms. Li Yonghua, 62, was taken to Huludao Detention Center on November 23, 2017, following her arrest three days before for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime.

This is not the first time that the Suizhong City resident has been targeted for her faith or held in the same detention center. She was home on March 9, 2010, when the police broke in and searched it. When she protested, officer Li Changhua punched her, causing her to pass out.

Over two years later, on May 6, 2012, Ms. Li was arrested and taken to Huludao Detention Center. Ms. Li went on a hunger strike in protest and was force-fed feces on multiple occasions during the seven days she was held there. The guards would throw the mouth-opener and feeding tube into a trash can after one forced-feeding session and reuse them the next time around.

Ms. Li is on a hunger strike again in the same detention center following her latest arrest. The Suizhong Domestic Security Office threatened to have her sentenced to prison. They also tried to persuade her daughter to live in the school dormitory rather than at home. Her daughter refused.

Falun Gong Saved Ms. Li from Despair

Ms. Li had had a hard life and had thought of ending it several times. Her son died in a traffic accident at the age of 21, and her husband then divorced her. She had a serious heart condition wherein her heart would suddenly stop and she would pass out.

It was Falun Gong that rekindled her hope. She also became healthy and had a daughter in her mid 40s.

Ms. Li worked as a janitor cleaning the restrooms at a middle school. The school praised her for being so conscientious.

She is not well off, but she does not contend for personal gain. Her supervisor once let her collect and sell the bottles she found in the school trash baskets and keep whatever she earned. She stopped when she learned that someone else was also collecting the bottles.

Ms. Li is very kind. She brought a practitioner into her home who'd been released from a forced labor camp and took care of her for two years until she passed away. This practitioner was so severely tortured in Masanjia Labor Camp that she was mentally disoriented when she was released.

Those who know Ms. Li well are calling for her immediate release.

Parties Responsible for Persecuting Ms. Li:

Wang Baomin (王宝民), captain, Suizhong Domestic Security Brigade: +086- 13942906360Liang Kecheng ( 梁科成), director, Huludao Detention Center: +086-13898798686Feng Bing (冯 冰), instructor, Huludao Detention Center: +086-13898984800Hou Tienan (侯铁男), chief, Suizhong Police Department: +086-13898798088