(Minghui.org) A 56-year-old woman was sentenced to 14 years in prison following her arrest on November 13, 2011, for refusing to renounce Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime.

The guards at Heilongjiang Province Women’s Prison in Harbin City tortured Ms. Jiang Xiaoyan, a resident of Shuangcheng City, on a regular basis. Her health quickly declined, and she was released on medical parole on September 27, 2013. An ambulance drove her home, and her family had to carry her inside.

Ms. Jiang gradually recovered after she resumed doing the Falun Gong exercises at home. The local police, who had been monitoring her since her release, discovered she went out of town in early October 2017. They seized her on October 9, moments after she returned home from visiting her father who lives in a different city and did not tell her family where they were taking her.

Ms. Jiang's family checked every police station, detention center, and prison in the area, but no one would say where she was being held.

Ms. Jiang’s younger sister returned to Shuangcheng Police Department, whose officers made the arrest, in early November. Two receptionists tried to stop her from going inside and injured her hand during the struggle.

The sister went up to the fifth floor but an officer forced her down to the lobby. She refused to leave and began to tell whoever passed by what had happened to her older sister.

An hour later, someone appeared and gave her the number of Xiao Jitian, head of the local domestic security office.

The younger Ms. Jiang learned from Xiao that her older sister was taken back to Heilongjiang Province Women’s Prison shortly after her arrest.

The two sisters finally met in the prison on November 14. The older Ms. Jiang has lost a significant amount of weight in just one month, and she looked extremely pale. Her hands kept trembling during the 10-minute meeting.

It was learned recently that Ms. Jiang has been checked into the prison hospital.

Related Report:Ms. Jiang Xiaoyan On the Brink of Death after Torture at Heilongjiang Women's Prison