(Minghui.org) An 80-year-old man in Fuyang City has been imprisoned without ever being issued an arrest warrant, let alone tried.

Mr. Wang Xuebin was targeted because the local police were in pursuit of an acquaintance, Mr. Liu Yun, who visited his home on the day they were trying to arrest Mr. Liu.

Both Mr. Liu and Mr. Wang practice Falun Gong, a spiritual discipline being persecuted by the Chinese communist regime. Mr. Liu once served three years of forced labor for refusing to renounce Falun Gong. The police came after him again on the morning of September 26, 2017. He was not in but returned home in the afternoon to find out they had been by.

Mr. Liu immediately decided to transfer his Falun Gong truth clarification materials to Mr. Wang. The police tracked him down as he was making his second trip to Mr. Wang’s home and arrested him as soon as he left.

Three officers went to Mr. Wang’s home late that evening, kicked the door open, and tried to seize him. They stopped when his wife told them he had just been discharged from the local hospital two days before.

More police came the next morning to harass the elderly couple. Three of them stayed overnight to monitor the couple.

A third group of officers went on September 28 and 29, with two officers staying overnight each day. One officer gave his name—Zhang Mingliang.

About a dozen agents, including two in lab coats, showed up on September 30. They wheeled Mr. Wang out and put him in an official vehicle that was not an ambulance.

Mr. Wang’s wife asked to go with him but was turned away. She was also not told where they were taking him. She and her children spent the next week looking everywhere and eventually stumbled upon Anhui Province Third Prison, where a guard confirmed a man named Wang Xuebin was admitted on September 30.

Another week went by, and an officer called Mr. Wang’s wife to say they had detained all “Falun Gong suspects” they feared might go to Beijing to appeal ahead of the 19th Party Congress, which was set to open on October 18.