(Minghui.org) I am 83 years old, and I have been a Falun Dafa practitioner for 19 years. Since the persecution began, I have never let up in going out to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa.

There have been numerous dangerous and difficult moments in the 17 years since the persecution began. However, my faith and righteous thoughts have helped me pass these tests, and I have never been arrested.

Avoiding Persecution

Before 2006, I frequently visited my hometown in the countryside to distribute flyers and other informational materials. About 30,000 people lived in the area. I biked for more than ten miles at night to go there. I delivered informational materials to every household, hung banners on trees and walls, and painted messages like “Falun Dafa Is Good,” “Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance Is Good,” and “Quit the Chinese Communist Party” on the roadside.

The local government officials offered a 500-yuan reward for anyone who reported Falun Dafa practitioners to the police. I was never arrested, but there was a time when I was almost reported to the police.

In 2003, right after I placed materials in front of a house doorway, three young men came out and stopped me from leaving. They attempted to take away my bag, and asked what was inside it. We argued for over ten minutes. Then I told them, “Go check out what I placed here. It is good for you.” Probably because of the righteous thoughts behind my words, the men stepped away to take a look at the materials. While they were doing so, I left.

After my wife passed away in 2005, I had to take on a lot more family responsibilities. It was no longer convenient for me to go to the countryside, so I started distributing flyers in our city. In 2007, after delivering flyers to a hotel and posting banners nearby, a young man grabbed me. He took out his phone to call the police. He tried three times, but the call did not go through. I said to him, “It will never work,” and I turned around and left. He stood there as if he were frozen.

During the past ten years, I have gone to a farmer's market in the morning, rain or shine, to tell people about the persecution, and helped them quit the Chinese Communist Party. This was more dangerous than delivering brochures in the countryside, because I talked with everyone in person. By keeping a compassionate and peaceful mood, I made many friends.

A plainclothes police officer stopped me in 2010 at the market, after I gave him a Falun Dafa flyer. He shouted “Don't move!” He got out his cell phone to call for backup. I said to him, “I was trying to let you know the facts, so that you will have a good future. Please read this brochure. It is good for you.” Many people surrounded us. Someone said, “Let him go.” While he read the brochure, I slipped through the crowd and left on my bike.

From time to time, other practitioners urge me to stop going to the market after someone else was arrested there. My daughter also heard rumors that the local police would come to arrest me. I firmly believed that nothing would happen as long as I followed the guidance of Falun Dafa. I continued distributing flyers in the market, and nothing bad has happened.

Safe from Harm

Righteous thoughts also protected me in accidents. In 2005, while on my way back from the countryside, my bike hit the curb. I fell and my head hit the ground. I told myself, “I am fine. I am a Falun Dafa disciple.” I was 72 years old at the time, but I got up, felt fine, and there was not even a scratch on me.

One day in 2007, I went to the farmer's market at 6:00 a.m. It was so dark that I fell on the icy road so hard that my face was scratched. A pedestrian helped me to get up, and asked if I was OK. I told him that I practiced Falun Dafa and I would be fine. I then chatted with him about Falun Dafa and the persecution, and even helped him to quit the CCP.

I've had many amazing experiences like this.

Help Came When I Needed It

With righteous thoughts, the power of Dafa can manifest in any situation. During one trip to the countryside in 2004, my bike seat broke, and one of the tires went flat. There was no help at midnight in the middle of nowhere. I got on the bike and told it, “Go!” The bike functioned as normal. I proceeded smoothly through half of the county and returned home before sunrise.

During another trip to countryside, it was so dark that I could not write the message that I was painting on a wall. In my heart I asked Master, “Please help me write this message.” Suddenly a beam of light shone on the area that I was painting. The light disappeared after I finished.

One evening, before I left for a trip to the countryside, it was so cloudy that it looked like it was going to rain. I asked Master in my heart, “No matter what, I need to distribute these brochures today. Please hold the rain until I am done.” Indeed, the rain did not start until right after I returned home.